Page 1 of 2
About 2 weeks ago i picked up this Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR at GC on sunset. I believe this one was made in 2008. As soon as i picked it up i loved everything about it. only took me about 10 minutes to walk out of the store with it, The neck is so smooth, but not too thin unlike a few esp's i've played but not quite as chunky as my les pauls. The Emg 81/89 (with coil tap) combo make the guitar scream. You can hear the clarity of every note when using them. The coil tap feature really brightens up the cleans and smoothens them up a bit. The guitar always stays in tune thanks the the floyd rose bridge even while doing dive bombs and such.

here are some pics of it:

Thanks
Last edited by andy_h04 at Aug 28, 2008,
Congratulations!
The guitar is very beautiful.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Nice guitar, I love the style.
Quote by kimthekiller07
I Want To Ask The Tech To Replace It But He Looks Very Angry And Grumpy.

Quote by Jyscal
congrats bro
and good choice taking the white finish... sexy

haha thanks, I had my heart set on the white and i walked into the store and it was the only finish that they had in stock
Damn dude! Permission to drool?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Lol, nahh, next to it =P.. And lucky with the finish man... When I bought my next guitar, the store didn't have any in stock, but their supplier only had silver, so yeah.. 1 Month later and it still hasn't arrived.. Should be here any time though.. I had my heart set on black =P
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Damn dude! Permission to drool?

Haha go for it, not on the guitar though
ahh shame about that the black woulda looked way better then the silver, but then again its not about looks its about how it sounds. Although I was half hoping to see what the black looked like in person. But the white just looked alot nicer.
that's one of the most beautiful guitars iv seen* Has guitargasm *
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
When I visit GC, I'm always careful not to look or go anywhere near this guitar. The white version is just a bit too attractive, and I already have too many guitars, and I can't afford it, and there are other things to buy, and...I sure do like this guitar. You've earned my envy.
im getting one of those guitars also, but i cant decide which damn color, really dont like the silver border on the white one and if i get the black one i have to live with fingerprints all over it :P is the white one nicer in reality than it is on pictures?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

ive been thinking of getting that guitar, and when ive read about it, it said it had coil tapping, but it made it sound like you can only tap, the bridge. So im wondering if you can tap both neck and the bridge?
I'm getting the 7-string version in STBC
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by DespisedIcon
That's a nice guitar, too bad I can't rape it.

Who would wanna rape such a nice axe? I was even considering getting one of those myself. In red, though.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Jaekae
im getting one of those guitars also, but i cant decide which damn color, really dont like the silver border on the white one and if i get the black one i have to live with fingerprints all over it :P is the white one nicer in reality than it is on pictures?

Yeah alot nicer in person, no pictures can do it justice imo, i hardly notice the border when i look at it. ALthough i do give it a clean after each use so i wont have any smudge prints etc.

And to ThrashOWNZ, you can coil tap both of the pickups. Sorry about the confusion.
That looks AMAZING. It's really hard to find Schecters here in the UK It sucks.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by dante_3_16
howe much does it cost

i think it was somewhere around $900 usd with tax.
Im aussie so saved about $600 bucks on it.

Schecters aren't hard to find over here, but there bloody expensive.
The normal C-1FR is $1000 aud compared to us $480, sucks so much.
that is one nice hellraiser. i love mine. you made a good choice.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by metalhead_c-1
that is one nice hellraiser. i love mine. you made a good choice.

Thanks
Looking for a new amp at the moment. 30 watt solid states really cant do this guitar justice. IMO.
Quote by dante_3_16
i have a omen-6 floyd rose how good will it be to put some EMGs to it?

Hmm, im not quite sure. I havent played the omen 6. It'll put more clarity in your solo's depending on which emg's you get. 81/85 combo should be ok depending on how much you wanna spend. I love how much heavier the 81 make's my playing sound. And the 89 puts so much clarity in my soloing.
Quote by andy_h04
Hmm, im not quite sure. I havent played the omen 6. It'll put more clarity in your solo's depending on which emg's you get. 81/85 combo should be ok depending on how much you wanna spend. I love how much heavier the 81 make's my playing sound. And the 89 puts so much clarity in my soloing.

I want the 81/85 and i want them white for my black guitar
That's going to be my next guitar except with no FR, because i don't need one.
Keeping it real since '92
I been lookin at this guitar (just with a fixed bridge), I'm just worried it won't be able to get the versitality I want.
I mostly play nu-metal stuff so it would be perfect for that, but I like some cleans every once and awhile.....can you get decent cleans from it?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Mary me.

NOW
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by HLrocker
I been lookin at this guitar (just with a fixed bridge), I'm just worried it won't be able to get the versitality I want.
I mostly play nu-metal stuff so it would be perfect for that, but I like some cleans every once and awhile.....can you get decent cleans from it?

Yeah the cleans aren't that bad. The 89's cleans are a bit chunky and dark, but coil tap can fix that up quite well. But i suggest trying one out before you buy it, as each person has different preferences.
Oh yeh, I wouldn't buy one without playing it.
I've got another question thats guna sound kinda stupid, but I'm unfamiliar with EMG's....what exactly is a coil tap?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
Oh yeh, I wouldn't buy one without playing it.
I've got another question thats guna sound kinda stupid, but I'm unfamiliar with EMG's....what exactly is a coil tap?

Uhhh not quite sure. I think it splits the coils in the emg's or something. Sounds good though. I think these are the only model emg's with coil tap. But they really 'clean up' your cleans.
looks ill...i've always thought about a metal/shred guitar thats not outrageous or dumb looking and this one definately looks that way. i like it, and i don't like most guitars like that. i like sticking to the big brands with regular guitars. sweet axe
Ultimate boner...!

That's exactly the guitar I'm buying when I get some money together!

Congrats on such a beautiful axe.
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
That's my next guitar, but I really LOVE the cherry-ish color they have. The white seems a little dull to me. But it's still beautiful.
Sweet!

White's like the new "black." I've already got the black cherry version, and it's an older model without the coiltap, but it's one of my two favorite guitars.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Page 1 of 2