im thinking a ways down the road about getting a new amp, well...mainly because im not going to be selfish, i got my 5150 combo for a good deal & i want to get good use out of it but...

for when i upgrade...im thinking, would a 5150 or 6505 head and cab be a MAJOR tone change from my 5150 combo? i seem to think that a 4x12 will miraculously give you a better tone, maybe not true but anyways..

i play a lot of this stuff:

hardcore/metalcore- the devil wears prada, underoath, maylene & the sons of disaster, mychildren mybride, a day to remember

pop punk- say anything, fall out boy, all time low, the academy is...

alt. rock- coldplay, taking back sunday, mcr, foo fighters

"some" classic rock- it would be more GnR & journey

so...as you can see from the stuff i enjoy covering, id need to go from smooth coldplay licks to the br00talz in some cases & everything in between

i'd like a head and these are some i had in mind:

mesa dual rec.
jcm800
orange rocker 30
peavey 6505
engl fireball (i've heard some good things about these and the Screamer)

with some sort of cab combination with any of these heads, preferably something with V30s in it...

either an avatar cab, mesa cab, orange, or marshall 1960A

so any recommendations would be great!!

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
would you be still using your 5150 combo, or would you be replacing it?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
would you be still using your 5150 combo, or would you be replacing it?

probably selling it to put some more money into a newer amp

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
How about wait til you've outgrown the 5150? it's a killer amp, have fun with it just now without worrying about your next one yet.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
How about wait til you've outgrown the 5150? it's a killer amp, have fun with it just now without worrying about your next one yet.

^ this is what i'd do...
use it to the max...

if you look into a new amp now, you'll eventually be persuaded into buying one...
instead of the recto, check out the roadsters and road kings if you want that mesa sound. i know dave grohl uses the road kings, but they have a hell of a lot of gain on tap and can cover a wide range of tonalities.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The 4x12 will move more air, and will distribute the sound better, but it will essentially be the same. The 6505 is really the same as the 5150, just with a different name.

If you get a Mesa, I'd recommend a RoadKing or Roadster like LaidBack said, or, if you can find one cheap enough, a Mark IV. JCM800s are nice, just not very versatile. Avatar cabs are great, but if you decide to get your own speakers in it, do not get Celestions! If you want the Celestion sound, get a Warehouse. They're MIA Celestion clones, at a fraction of the price of their Celestion counterparts. Some even say they sound BETTER than the Celestions they were made to copy. I wouldn't know about that, but I know they have made my Peavey combo into a tonal blowtorch.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden