Moving into a house with 3 girls (halp i know)

BT phone line already installed in the house

would like a good sized line.. possibly unlimited downloads with none of that 9pm cappin g crap that virgin has etc

£25/ month would be an ideal price

any suggestions ?

JEDIT: possibly with a phone package aswell
Last edited by *Juno* at Aug 28, 2008,
viirgin is rather bollicks from my experience.....alot of dropped connections

edid: raep the 3 girls...steal their money to pay for it.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
be.com

Nice and fast, and fairly reliable.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
be.com

Nice and fast, and fairly reliable.

This.

Although you'll need to keep the BT phoneline.
i'd say be as i'm on that and it's been about 15mb/s and 18.99 a month but i hear o2 is the same service but cheaper?
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
Quote by Alix_D
NTL.

Avoid AOL/Talk talk at all costs.

NTL is virgin and virgin suck bolllllll0cks!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
It's reliable, at least the one I'm on is, fast, and doesn't have any download limits or anything like that.

You must be looking at the wrong thing.
Yes be there is the best bet if they are in your area. None of the throttling bollocks virgin and bt have if you download a lot.
Sky is pretty good on their broadband
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I'd say go for bt internet, option 3 like you said.

Thats what I've been on for ages, and although it's not the cheapest package, it's got other things going for it. Firstly, you get great customer services - BT don't fob you off to someone in India or to an answer machine... so if anything goes wrong it's real easy to get it fixed.
Secondly, it's true what BT say about getting better wireless strength - and in a house with 4 people you might not be able to get the router in the middle of the house so this helps too.
Also, it just works well without going down all the time. Some of my friends are on Tiscali or Sky and their internet is just rubbish.

So in short, go for BT - it's expensive but worth it.
sky see, speak surf, you get tv aswell, for i think £22 a month and it works fine for me
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by *Juno*
... none of that 9pm capping crap that virgin has etc
VirginMedia introduced capping? I was unaware of this. To be fair I have noticed a reduction in speed but over the whole day, not just at night.
I shall be moving.
Quote by ChrisN
VirginMedia introduced capping? I was unaware of this. To be fair I have noticed a reduction in speed but over the whole day, not just at night.
I shall be moving.

It happens at multiple times during the day

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php

Scroll down to the colourful table
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by ChrisN
I shall be moving.

Yes...if you trip the cap between 4pm and 9pm the internet is ****ing ridiculously slow for the rest of the night

that means...if you go over the download limit at 8:59 and 59.9 seconds, it trips the cap still
I think I'm about the only person on the planet who doesn't have trouble with Virgin. I've had once or twice when its been a pile of toss, but its normally spot on.

Meh.
It seemed to start happening at roughly the same time as I went wireless and moved my PC upstairs. This explains a lot.
I've heard **** things about Sky. My bro's on it at his house and says its ****.
I'm on Orange over here (used to be freeserve/wannado i think) and never really had a problem apart from a couple months back when the whole system was down for a few days but they sorted that in no time.

BT is also a good bet i think.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet