what are your opinions on the above mentioned bass guitar? i'm thinking of getting one, and i know i prefer jazz to precision.
Have you tried it/are comfortable with jazz necks?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Its a good bass in between the MIA jazz and the MIM jazz. i think they made just enough of it in america to put MIA on it but im not sure. But its still a good bass for the money. I also prefer jazz bass's to precision..
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I was very impressed when I tried one, if you have tried it and like it, go for it. It's a quality instrument.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i see...so it isn't a bad bass at all?

btw one more question. all Highway One basses come with Badass II bridges, right? let's say it's a 2004 model, does it have that?
Last edited by chernk at Aug 28, 2008,
i think its only the newer ones that have the badass ll bridges but i dont know when the newer ones came out so eh. but i reckon it still be a good bass
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i own an '04 Highway 1 Jazz and no, it does not have the BAII bridge. my H1 has been my main player since then, and i'm still very happy with it. the BAII bridge would be a nice upgrade though. imo it is still one of the best basses available for under $1000.
Quote by chernk

btw one more question. all Highway One basses come with Badass II bridges, right? let's say it's a 2004 model, does it have that?

I believe they only started this year.

Quote by chernk

No. In fact, The difference between an H1 and an MIA is not that big (other than price ). The H1 electronics are the same as on the MIA (I think. I might be wrong.) and the H1 has a better bridge. If you like the neck, and the jazz bass tone, go for it.

BTW, you're getting it used, right? You said it was a 2004 model. Because if it's in good condition (it should be, it's only 4 years old), you really should not pass the deal up.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
i see. thanks for the input guys. one last thing, is the Badass II bridge compatible with the '04 model? as in, can i take off the stock bridge and put it on without any modification? since it doesn't come with one, i'm considering upgrading it, since i've got a bit of spare cash.
yes. BA bridges are made to fit in the same screw holes, I believe. make sure you buy it pregrooved.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Also, you can get a Gotoh bridge for like $35. I put one of those on my hwy1 p-bass instead of the BAII and I don't regret it one bit. Mine is an 04/05 bass, it's such a great series, and an amazing bass that will last a lifetime. Don't pass it up!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The H1's are very good basses, especially value-wise, not that that means much. They are basically the MIA Standard's Lite. The electronics, pickups, finish, wood options and graphite reinforced neck are all better with the MIA, but you also pay for it. If you can, go for the MIA, if you can't don't lose any sleep on having the H1 because it's also an excellent bass.
well after all that research on this bass, due to unforseen circumstances, i won't be able to get it. bummer. thanks for the input, though.