Hey guys. I'm currently traveling in South-East Asia and I'm flying back to the states around Jan-Feb. I want to dedicate some time to playing live where ever and whenever I can get out there and gain some experience. I've never played at a major live junction before. Biggest group has been like 50 people or so.

I was thinking on flying to Seattle at first. But now I'm not quite sure if I should go elsewhere like LA, Eugene, Portland, San Fran...etc..

I live in Miami normally, but I want to do things outside first and gain something before I go back.

Any suggestions? I play all kinds of music...usually indie/folk/experimental. Thanks!
Austin, Texas is seriously your best bet. They have live music playing all the time, and plenty of great bands and talent have come from the area.
Get off my lawn.
go to New York, it's the birthplace of Punk, and Birmingham (the proper Birmingham) is the birthplace of Heavy Metal
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Well, I'm going to New York later on next year anyway since my brother lives there. So, I'm stratching that one. Austin sounds good. I am trying to stay on the west coast as much as possible. LA is too crazy. San Fran, too expensive. That's why I was thinking Seattle. It's quiter and has a great music scence from what I heard. But I'm still open to any suggestions!!!
Change of plans!
Going to Seattle the 20th of October and staying till December!
Thanks guys!
Boston.

There are so many music conservatories here and promotions for a very diverse range of music. There are concerts almost every night, many of them for free.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
New York, Seattle (80's/90's), LA, DC are historical places for the punk scene, some are still big, but right now the biggest punk scene in North America is Austin Texas (imo)

I know **** all about european punk, except I like most of what I hear

Montreal has a DECENT up & coming punk scene, lead by bands like The Ripcordz, The Brains, and The Sainte Catherines, some good little local bands as well SiNglEiGitTIQ?, The Terrorists, Ominous Monsta, Team Canada, and a few bands that I don't know the name of. (those are my band, and a few friends of mine bands)
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Sep 20, 2008,
For 3 days a year Wacken

i wish i could go
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer