Anyone a fan of his work? I've only seen Dead Man's Shoes and This Is England but I loved them both. Dead Man's Shoes is probably in my top 5 favourite films.

Can anyone recommend any of his other films or something similar? I've heard good things about A Room for Romeo Brass.
Dead mans shoes is one of the best films ever I reckon.

Room for Romeo Brass is a good movie too, not as good as This is England or DMS though.
Shane Meadows is one of those crappy directors that people only like because they feel obliged to like British films even though they suck.

Me? Deliberately confrontational? Never.

Seriously though, I've seen Dead Man's Shoes and wasn't all that impressed.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by DanRev
Dead mans shoes is one of the best films ever I reckon.

Room for Romeo Brass is a good movie too, not as good as This is England or DMS though.

Couldn't agree more.

Romeo Brass is brilliant too.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
I like Dead Man's Shoes. It's the only way I can protect my feet .....*ba-dum tish - tumbleweed*. But really I do like that film
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
I lovd Dead Man's Shoes, thought it was one of the bleakest and darkest films I've seen, brilliant.

Meths, just so you know, I watched that - and loved it - before I knew of Meadows' reputation. The same goes for This Is England.

But I've heard he's had one or two failures, Once Upon a Time in the Midlands is meant to be a bit shit.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Meths
Shane Meadows is one of those crappy directors that people only like because they feel obliged to like British films even though they suck.

Damn, I didn't know that. I'll remember to think about that next time I think I may have enjoyed one of his films.

Anyway................

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_Wxak8k6g - Gotta be my/everybody's favourite scene from that film!
I always use Dead Man's Shoes as an example of the contrast between British and American cinema. Revenge story, whatshisface kills about three people in Dead Man's Shoes, not a lot of violence or explosions. The Punisher, dude kills like a billion people and makes witty comments afterwards, lots of violence and explosions.

The Punisher was way better.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by freddaahh
But I've heard he's had one or two failures, Once Upon a Time in the Midlands is meant to be a bit shit.

It is.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by Meths
I always use Dead Man's Shoes as an example of the contrast between British and American cinema. Revenge story, whatshisface kills about three people in Dead Man's Shoes, not a lot of violence or explosions. The Punisher, dude kills like a billion people and makes witty comments afterwards, lots of violence and explosions.

That's the que to not take you seriously in this thread anymore, right?
funny coincidence actually, as i have just finished watching dead mans shoes and was about to make a thread about it

i wasn't impressed. i loved this is england - top 5 film ever. but there was something i just didn't get

any thoughts?
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
That's the que to not take you seriously in this thread anymore, right?

I believe the word is "cue" and no, that would've been when I said this:

Quote by Meths
Me? Deliberately confrontational? Never.

Quote by fender_696
i wasn't impressed. i loved this is england - top 5 film ever. but there was something i just didn't get

any thoughts?

Oscar Wilde
it did raise some interesting questions and i was curious about his relationship with his brother

i think a lot of it was rage over the guilt he had for running off with the marines for 10 years. and also for maybe not valuing him enough when he was alive.
Quote by fender_696
it did raise some interesting questions and i was curious about his relationship with his brother

i think a lot of it was rage over the guilt he had for running off with the marines for 10 years. and also for maybe not valuing him enough when he was alive.

Once you know that Richard saw Anthony as an embarrassment it puts a whole different spin on the film, especially the scene where they're sat reminiscing on the tyres. The film is far more than just mindless killing (if it wasn't you'd have seen him take an axe to his first victims head). Paddy Considine is a great actor and he's particularly good in this.