and I need help getting some settings to use on it. I know there are mixed opinions on the pedal itself, but I don't want to hear those. I just want to see if anyone knows some good settings for it. For example, a sort of Death From Above sound or a Muse sound. Any other settings are welcome, I don't expect it to sound exactly like these bands, just looking for the general idea of getting the right settings.
Play around with them

If you don't like them

Change them until you do

Figure out what each nob does

then decide how much of what you want

and take it from their

As the old saying goes

Teach a Man how to use pedals, his ear's will be pleased... Tell a man how to use a pedal, he will hate it.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
I found changing the bass going through this pedal drastically changes the tone (much like any other set up of pedal and guitars). as stated above, just play around with the settings.

in all honesty I don't think you can really get a bad tone out of that pedal after even just a minute of experimenting
I am seriously looking at that pedal Syris, and I would love to hear a sound clip. Any chance once you have the settings sorted out you can post up a sound clip?
Quote by anarkee
I am seriously looking at that pedal Syris, and I would love to hear a sound clip. Any chance once you have the settings sorted out you can post up a sound clip?

I found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwg4xAaZso&feature=related. it's a review of it from Bassfuzz.com

I haven't looked through it all yet but he seems to demonstrait it pritty well.

enjoy!
Quote by anarkee

+1

share the goods man. share the goods.

edit: oooh... post above me... must look...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
+1

share the goods man. share the goods.

edit: oooh... post above me... must look...

Once I get settings I like, I can definitely post a clip, it'll probably be some time tomorrow or Saturday. I'm starting to get there with it, just takes some fiddling with the bass settings themselves.

It's my first pedal, so it's been a process.
For a Death from Above sound, you need a touch of chorus, but as has been daid, just fiddle around for a good hour, and write down any settings u like
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I don't really like the tone of the Bass Big Muff, I think the tone on the Ashdown Hyperdrive has a better tone.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!