Wow!
I knew not of Clint Mansell until the other day watching the trailer for 'Frost/Nixon'. Now I can't stop listening to this song. Absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91GcPnjrGdE
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
wow this is awesome stuff. hes quite the genius score-writer of our age.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

I loved the Fountain, and the score for the film, so yeah, Clint Mansell is awesome. Yeah, I don't know why, but I always associate him with Yann Tiersen, check him out if you don't know him already.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The word's already been overused in this thread, but: Wow.

I love it.

Even the picture in the youtube video. It's so calming and relaxing. I've been listening to this kind of stuff a lot lately, before I go to sleep.

Why is this thread all metal regs?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Wow, three metal regs so far... I saw this thread on the main forum page, all I saw was "Death is the road to awe," and that Phill-rock had posted in it, so I decided "Meh, what the hell?"

I've never heard of this movie before, nor have I heard of the composer... It get's pretty epic at around 6:00.

Loving that part right after the silence... It sounds kinda like Blind Guardian.

It's alright.
Blind Guardian... Hmm...

Can kinda hear it.

Probably why I like it so much.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by The Virtuoso
I loved the Fountain, and the score for the film, so yeah, Clint Mansell is awesome. Yeah, I don't know why, but I always associate him with Yann Tiersen, check him out if you don't know him already.

Is 'The Fountain' worth watching? Have only heard of it through this track. Read some great reviews about the rest of the soundtrack but I'm really not a fan of buying the things because I'd rather watch the movie that the music was meant to go with.

Yann Tiersen did 'Amelie', right?

As for the music, it's really just what post-rock bands are trying to re-create but this is done to a much higher standard. Only thing that matches it for me is the last track of The Evpatoria Report's 'Golevka' album, absolutely stunning.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah, it's hard to find truly exceptional post-rock bands, but I still think there is a few out there up to this standard.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

****, that's good. Yeah, Tiersen did the Amelie ST, the highlight of which is easily Comptine d'un Autre Ete L'apres Midi, if anyone's reading this and wants to hear the most beautiful piano song I know of.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Yeah, not familiar with it. I'll check it out.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by FrenchyFungus
****, that's good. Yeah, Tiersen did the Amelie ST, the highlight of which is easily Comptine d'un Autre Ete L'apres Midi, if anyone's reading this and wants to hear the most beautiful piano song I know of.

Will search youtube for it
Don't ever get what everyone saw in 'Amelie' though, had to study it for a class in 2002/3 (can't quite remember) and found it rather boring. The soundtrack was well written though and the colours in the film were impressive - have to give it some credit.

Definitely a very nice track.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Is 'The Fountain' worth watching? Have only heard of it through this track. Read some great reviews about the rest of the soundtrack but I'm really not a fan of buying the things because I'd rather watch the movie that the music was meant to go with.

Yann Tiersen did 'Amelie', right?

As for the music, it's really just what post-rock bands are trying to re-create but this is done to a much higher standard. Only thing that matches it for me is the last track of The Evpatoria Report's 'Golevka' album, absolutely stunning.

I personally really liked the Fountain, but a lot of people think that it's cheesy, but whatever, it's something that you'd have to judge for yourself. Although I will say that I think Hugh Jackman does a wonderful performance, and not to mention the killer score.

Yeah, Yann Tiersen did Amelie, you should check out his other stuff, he's a wonderful musician.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Great piece.

And insanely familiar. I can hear it in my head on acoustic guitar.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Clint is phenomenal.

I have never been dissapointed with any of his work.