Ok i put a thread up a while back about me trying out for this local band near my area...(dont worry if you dont remember)

Well the try out date is comming up in the next 2 weeks.
BUT they just called me and told me that they're not having tryouts, more like practice with different guy's. Every week they're practicing with a new dude and my time is comming in the next 2 weeks.
Simple enough for yall right? This came of as shock to me because i personaly have NEVER played with a band before in my whole life! So i'm freaking out because i have no clue what to expect...SO....

*What are some things i can do to make me some what better than i am right now at playing with a band...like some tips and stuff?

Thanx for yalls time and plz help! Coz i really want this spot, i'll fight for this mother****ing spot in they're lineup...But i'm freaking out!

So plz help.
My signature has doubled...
It can be hard to get the timing right the first time you play with other instruments.

Try finding some backing tracks for some songs.

if you can't do that...

Just try to stay calm, don't panic it's the worst thing you can do.

Don't be to bummed if you don't get in aswell
Don't try anything too clever, but don't make it too basic.

DON'T PANIC! Remain calm!

And just try and lock in as closely with them as possible.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by saphrax
Play along with your CD/MP3 collection. Least it'll help keep you in time.

Yeah i already do that, i mean i keep in pretty good time with the song but i really dont think that would help me...

FUCK!!!! i'm gonna get laughed out of the building!!
Quote by John Spartan
Yeah i already do that, i mean i keep in pretty good time with the song but i really dont think that would help me...

FUCK!!!! i'm gonna get laughed out of the building!!

No you won't. And if you do, then you know that they're a bunch of ****s not worth wasting your time on.
Quote by Retro Rocker
What style of music is it?

Hardcore...
All you need to know how to do is ****ty palm muted break downs. Can you play this

Low E --000---000---000-000---000-- ?

if so you'll do fine.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by John Spartan
Hardcore...

No, no, he said what kind of music.

Also, how would they tell if you were playing badly?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

good luck dude,

you should focus on the music but the other big issue that counts for about 80% of them letting you in is your attitude,
dont be too much of a show off, especially if there is another guitarist there, if they made any mistakes dont point them out.

oh and before you play warm-up (chromatics, spider, etc) it helps you and it makes you look like a dedicated guitarist

no matter how skillfull you are, nobody wants a band member that they dont connect well with.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by John Spartan
Hardcore...

Than they might as well just take a chimp from the zoo and give him a guitar.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by metacarpi
No, no, he said what kind of music.

Also, how would they tell if you were playing badly?

Wow your funny
Quote by John Spartan
Wow your funny

Who's joking?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

bring teh br00talz
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by nebiru
All you need to know how to do is ****ty palm muted break downs. Can you play this

Low E --000---000---000-000---000-- ?

if so you'll do fine.

Actually you'll need to tune to drop D
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Enjoy it mainly,

I doubt all there looking for in a band mate is someone, whose

Amazing

But boring, and a complete arse !

Just have fun, dont be stressed about it, if your dont get it, you dont get in.

Just practise some songs you know with the cds
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Learn how to improvise/ stay in with what the other members are doing... o wait you're playing hardcore...
Bump.
I still need some better answers
Make sure you dress up a bit, don't just turn up like Average Joe in jeans and a t-shirt. How you look when you walk into the room will play a big part in your first impression. No-one wants a run-of-the-mill guy with faded jeans and a generic black band shirt in their band, they want someone with style and character.

In the same vein, try and add a bit of stage presence when you play with them; move around a bit, interact with the other band members.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Make sure you dress up a bit, don't just turn up like Average Joe in jeans and a t-shirt. How you look when you walk into the room will play a big part in your first impression. No-one wants a run-of-the-mill guy with faded jeans and a generic black band shirt in their band, they want someone with style and character.

In the same vein, try and add a bit of stage presence when you play with them; move around a bit, interact with the other band members.

What do you mean by interacting with them...

And by dressing do you want me to come in wearing my pajama bottems and a sesami(cant spell) street T-Shirt lol...that shows character
Quote by John Spartan
What do you mean by interacting with them...

And by dressing do you want me to come in wearing my pajama bottems and a sesami(cant spell) street T-Shirt lol...that shows character

Interact. Don't just stand there looking at the floor or your hands, move around the room. Look the others in the eye. Make it feel like you're really playing together, rather than 4/5 people who happen to be playing in the same room.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
These guys above me probably have good advice for what to do, but if you don't get accepted, don't get bummed out, it's your very first time trying to play with someone. Use it to motivate you to do better next time, form a jamming group with your friends so you get better and when the time comes, get serious.
same thing these guys said above me, but for some extra practice, get someone to drum for you, not anything too complicated, just try to keep in time. if you dont know anyone who plays drums, you can always find a drum loop on the internet and play with that a little. and good luck.
Quote by skvvisgaar
You have to paint it specifically alpine white? Damn, they are real colour-nazis in Berlin.
oh wait...

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
Unless by "cum blood" you mean "have white hair on my balls".
In which case,
yes, I do cum blood.
You need to get in there with your head held high. Exude confidence so they know they're dealing with someone worth their time. Play to the best of your ability but don't let yourself get nervous. Trust me, the second you start worrying about stuff like that, your playing will go to ****. Focus on the music, not on worrying about what they think of you.

Also, be friendly when you first meet everyone.

And finally, don't let these closed-minded dickheads get you down because they talk **** about hardcore. I love hardcore and I wish you all the luck in the world.
Quote by HoldFastHope
You need to get in there with your head held high. Exude confidence so they know they're dealing with someone worth their time. Play to the best of your ability but don't let yourself get nervous. Trust me, the second you start worrying about stuff like that, your playing will go to ****. Focus on the music, not on worrying about what they think of you.

Also, be friendly when you first meet everyone.

And finally, don't let these closed-minded dickheads get you down because they talk **** about hardcore. I love hardcore and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hey man thanx dude!
That was probally one of the most solid peices of advice i've got so far...