Some way to record them and a program to convert to MP3 if you don't record them as MP3.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by sglover34479
I know that but what do I record them with?

an interface or mixer
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
If you're just starting out and want something free, I'd recommend Audacity.
You can change pitch, add effects, edit the track. Stuff like that.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by sglover34479
Okay.......wats that. I'm a total newbie to recording

It's a hard ware device used to record. How much are you willing to spend on recording?
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Once again, everything depends on your budget. Cheapest solution is getting a DI-box and recording the guitar to your laptop's line-in. You will need some amp modeling software and a DAW, though. If you're willing to pay more, get an external audio interface such as M-Audio Fast Track or FireWire 410, but your laptop's sound card should be okay if you're just starting out. If you're not fond of the amp modeling, you need to invest in a microphone, preferably a condenser one.
What's the budget? You can use an external effects processor like the Line6 Pod, Boss GT-6, or Zoom G2.1u that have USB outputs to the computer to easily record with free programs like Audacity and KRISTAL. If you want to use software amps (Freeamp 3.0 for example), then use the interface like the M Audio Fasttrack.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by sglover34479
Okay I have a latop running windows xp and my guitar. What else do I need to get to be able to record and upload my covers to my profile. Help?

ok i'd say...
a guitar...
a recording software(i use audacity)
guitar effects(i use digitech rp80)
if u want drums and other effects, use guitar pro with RSE...or you can use fruityloops..
and for vocals, a nice mic
and thats all I guess....