Hi Everyone.

I got help off you guys when choosing my new guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus) and was told that I'd need a new amp as I wouldn't get the best out of my guitar through the yamaha GA-15 i'm using. You were right! There isn't much difference in tone between that and my pacifica when played through that amp.

Well, the time for a new amp has come, I attempt to/would like to play music by GNR, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Velvet Revolver, Black Sabbath, Metallica, AC/DC, Nirvana, Oasis and a bit of blues and some pop... - mainly so I can play something people I know can recognise! lol

I'm looking for an amp for practising in my room, jamming and perhaps gigging when I get better as I've only been playing for 6/7 months so far but am enjoying every minute of it!

I don't have any pedals so built in effects would be nice.

I've got a budget of about the £200 mark.

Many Many Thanks,

yaffle
sounds perfect for a voxad15vt!!!
i own the 50vt and you can play all this stuff and it sounds awsome!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Last edited by dickeskind at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by dickeskind
sound perfect for a voxad15vt!!!

listen to this guy!
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Laney VC15
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by dickeskind
sounds perfect for a voxad15vt!!!

Not really, because he said he has £200, not £100, and you can't gig with 15 watts of SS.

Peavey Valveking?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
listen to this guy!

Why is it that every time I see this in an amp thread, it seems like outright fellation?

Anyway, if the Laney VC15 is voiced like a Marshall, go for it. Unfortunately, they are quite few and far between in the states, so I've not seen one.

For what you've listed, the Vox will do great. I assume that much money would get you an AD50VT. You can get most of your tones that you want from three or four of the eleven channels, just so you know. And don't use the autowah. Unless you like sounding like a duck.
Thanks Everyone,

I'll go and try out the Vox, next time im near the guitar shop!