Here is my guitar... I want to put a humbucker in the neck position, but have discovered that I have no freakin' clue how to do that without butchering it. Obviously, I'm a complete noob at this. I don't even know which pickup to buy for it. Would this or this be a decent choice? I don't want to spend a ton of cash. ): And also, I don't know how to go about making a hole for the pickup to fit into. Please help me out here, guys!

Oh, and if I wanted to scallop the last four frets of my guitar, should I do it myself or have it professionally done?

Thanks in advance for the advice and help. :3

SP
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Last edited by Shard Prime at Aug 28, 2008,
I'd say the rockfield. also, it may be a better idea to use a single-size HB (Duncan rails, Dimarzio _____S series).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
'Kay, I'll go with the Rockfield... But I still need to know how to wire it and everything. Like I said, I'm new to this. ):
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
does it come with wiring diagrams?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't think so. I wouldn't even know what to make of them even if it did. I told you, I know pretty much nothing on the subject. ]:

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Okay, I guess I could figure that out. So what should I do about the hole for it? Grab a knife and start gouging until I get the right shape and size? ): Or should/could I have it professionally done?
router, I'd say. you can buy a bit from stewmac that will work well.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Are you buying a new bridge hum?
If not, and depending on your preference, you should put the new one in the bridge position and put the old one into the neck. (whichever position you prefer, put the new pickup in).
Yes to the router.
Unless your guitar is made horribly like one of mine and you can use a chisel on it

Also, you should have a pro do the scalloping. It may not be worth the price on the guitar though.