Epiphone G-400 Alpine White
Roland Micro Cube- White or Black
Boss MT-2 ( I dont care what you guys think of it, to me it sounds awesome)
Dunlop Wah Wah

how does that sound
Quote by axelmagic

how does that sound

why are you asking again???
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
tone is all made up of opinion. if anybody on here bashed the MT-2 it would be from ignorance. if it sounds good to you then great. that looks like a pretty good setup for a beginner. good luck.
Quote by axelmagic
Dunlop Wah Wah

how does that sound

so why are you asking at all?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Um.... If you have a modeller, aren't all pedals gonna sound bad? Or is it just some?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by axelmagic
Dunlop Wah Wah

how does that sound

The MT2 is crap, but it's also a waste of money - the Microcube has perfectly good onboard distortion and it doesn't take pedals well. If you simply have to buy a pedal then but an EQ or a wah, but you don't actually need any.

If for some unholy reason you really want the MT2 then buy a different amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The MT2 is crap, but it's also a waste of money - the Microcube has perfectly good onboard distortion and it doesn't take pedals well. If you simply have to buy a pedal then but an EQ or a wah, but you don't actually need any.

If for some unholy reason you really want the MT2 then buy a different amp.

Very ignorant... Oh well...

The MT2 Is a GOOD pedal IF you knwo how to set up up right, not just having the distortion at 10 and hoping it sounds good... but it'll be good practise, listening to different tones and such
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
Very ignorant... Oh well...

The MT2 Is a GOOD pedal IF you knwo how to set up up right, not just having the distortion at 10 and hoping it sounds good... but it'll be good practise, listening to different tones and such

No, it's crap....I've been playing longer than you've been alive and I know crap when I hear it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Don't get the mt-2. It sounds too digital. If you want something similar to that, but actually sounds real, get an EH Metal Muff. I have one and it sounds great.

And whats the point of this thread? What are you getting out of it?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by steven seagull
No, it's crap....I've been playing longer than you've been alive and I know crap when I hear it.

Yeah... dont mean that you know how to set up peds properly, ma m8 has this pedal, and he can set it up just right, it sounds so sweet, not too much gain, lovely tone.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
Yeah... dont mean that you know how to set up peds properly, ma m8 has this pedal, and he can set it up just right, it sounds so sweet, not too much gain, lovely tone.

I can set up a pedal perfectly well thanks very much, there isn't a decent tone to be had out of the MT2.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
I can set up a pedal perfectly well thanks very much, there isn't a decent tone to be had out of the MT2.

that doesn't mean you have to be an overbearing tone freak. the modeling on the Microcube should be fine though. you shouldn't really need a multi-fx when you are starting out anyway.
The onboard distortion on the MicroCube will do you fine. The MT-2 isn't a very good pedal, especially if you're aiming for metal.
Quote by ortrigger
that doesn't mean you have to be an overbearing tone freak. the modeling on the Microcube should be fine though. you shouldn't really need a multi-fx when you are starting out anyway.

I can be whatever I want to me, this is the internet

The TS asked for help, I gave him good advice that will prevent him wasting some of his valuable money...there's a credit crunch y'know. What exactly should I have said..."Get the MT2, it's not very good and also won't work very well with your amp but I didn't want to tell you for fear of hurting your feelings."? 666-JoE-666 was the one trying to be a smartarse about things by calling me ignorant and failing miserably at it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

why dont we drop the pedal argument, hey m8, when you get playing, you should learn some clean stuff, anyone can chug away on distortion (some do it better than others might i add). but seriously, if you play clean you'll notice your mistakes and you'll learn a lot faster, just some friendly advice m8,
Best of luck
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive