Hi guys, I have an epi les paul standard-plus. It came with brite wires, but now the strings are getting old I would like to know what the best strings to use are, for playing rock and metal, eg Guns N roses and Iron maiden, metallica, Black sabbath.
I fought for all worth believing on the punk rock barracades
It's more down to preference really. Try out some brands like Ernie Ball, GHS, Fender, D'addario, Rotosound and Elixir, they are the best known brands.

Just buy a few random packs and see what's the best.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Probably doesn't make much of a difference. Each brand has some great players from various styles of music that play their brand of strings.
Ernie Ball has Jimmy Page and Steve Vai. GHS has Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Seymour Duncan and had SRV. d'addario has John Frusciante, Joe Satriani. DR has Alexi Laiho and Trey Anastasio and had Dimebag and Jeff Healey.

Personally, I use d'addario since you can buy them in packs of 3 (or more) and save $$$. Each string also has a different colour at one end which is handy when restringing.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
I realy like DR strings, Ernie Ball RPS are good too but getting old very fast.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Ive never found strings i like more than D'Addario.

In terms of feel, comfort, and durability, out of all the different string brands i have played and destroyed, D'Addario always lasts the longest and feels the best.

They're a little more expensive than other brands, but its completely worth it. You get what you pay for.

I will never switch.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by RhoadsLivesOn
Probably doesn't make much of a difference. Each brand has some great players from various styles of music that play their brand of strings.
Ernie Ball has Jimmy Page and Steve Vai. GHS has Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Seymour Duncan and had SRV. d'addario has John Frusciante, Joe Satriani. DR has Alexi Laiho and Trey Anastasio and had Dimebag and Jeff Healey.

Personally, I use d'addario since you can buy them in packs of 3 (or more) and save $$$. Each string also has a different colour at one end which is handy when restringing.

The brands that those bands and artists use for strings is irrelevant, because theyre only playing the string company that pays them the most. Vai would switch to some noname brand in a heartbeat if they offered him a big chunk of money.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ Hell no. In my experiences Ernie Balls have been the absolute worst strings ive ever owned in terms of durability.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
DR Hi-Beams are by far the best and longest lasting strings i have ever played