i wasnt sure what forum to put this in, so im sticking it in the pit. if it doesnt go here, just let me know, and please dont be a total dick, thanks.

anyway... im looking for a good acoustic instrument that'll give me that buzzing sound that you can get with a sitar, but i dont really have a lot of money, or the time to learn something as complicated as the sitar. are there any smaller easier to play cousins that give the same style of sound that the sitar does?
thanks for the help,
Pete
Veena.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
A sitar.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
How about a didgeridoo? It's pretty simple to play, and it'll give you a good buzz sound.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Shamisen.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
1. Look at acoustic guitar. (strings in particular)
2. Think loosey goosey baby.
3. ???
4. PROFIT! (and buzz)

Quote by Nightmare_xxx
to be honest, I thought they were awful. I mean some of the songs our drummer's written was better than their stuff.
cut a strip of paper a little longer than the distance from your E string to your e string, and about an inch to 2 inches wide (you have to experiment. Then weave it in between the strings close to the bridge. I used to do that to play aqueous transmission by incubus, nobody knew how i did it lol. Put the strip closer and further from the bridge to experiment with different tones, and also a different width of paper gives different sounds. Try it, i think it will please you.
Quote by chrishenderson0
cut a strip of paper a little longer than the distance from your E string to your e string, and about an inch to 2 inches wide (you have to experiment. Then weave it in between the strings close to the bridge. I used to do that to play aqueous transmission by incubus, nobody knew how i did it lol. Put the strip closer and further from the bridge to experiment with different tones, and also a different width of paper gives different sounds. Try it, i think it will please you.

This. It is a really good technique. Johnny Cash used to do this with a very small piece of paper but larger pieces make strange sounds sometimes. just experiment like chris said.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
Shamisen.

HOORAAY FOR THE SHAMISEN
Quote by PlayMadness

Isn't it a little big-headed to name yourself "God," TS?

no.

Quote by Simsimius
I love you TS.

Quote by Ganoosh

Any thread with that title is sure to deliver, and this one...well...it did.