I having a bit of trouble with my guitar. Whenever I play notes together higher up the neck an interference sound occurs aswell as the notes being played. It happens whenever I play 2 notes a the same time and the interference ruins the sound.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks, epyonz
a) your intonation is off
b) guitars' intonation sucks in itself in general....and so does 12 tone equal temperament that we're supposedly using (though the concept is that it always sucks equally so we can play in any key).
So either live with it, use less distortion or get one of the fancy nuts or one of those necks with the bendy frets
Quote by epyonz
okay thanks, what are these fancy nuts your taking about?

He's talking about either and Earvana Compensating Nut or a Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Basically the guitar is built wrong so that some things will always sound out of tune not matter how good your intonation is, the Earvana and Buzz Feiten systems use special nuts to try to alleviate the problem by adjusting the intonation at the nut.

I think you can also get some guitar with frets that aren't completely straight to try and solve the problem but they're much harder to come by; I believe Steve Vai is using that method though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
He's talking about either and Earvana Compensating Nut or a Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Basically the guitar is built wrong so that some things will always sound out of tune not matter how good your intonation is, the Earvana and Buzz Feiten systems use special nuts to try to alleviate the problem by adjusting the intonation at the nut.

I think you can also get some guitar with frets that aren't completely straight to try and solve the problem but they're much harder to come by; I believe Steve Vai is using that method though.

oh, that's why his guitar looked like it had staggered frets in the Jemini video.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.