I switched string gauge on my new Strat, and now that the strings have settled in, when i use the tremolo my g string is gettin pinched.

Any quick mends for this?

Would I be better off just swappin out the nut for the roller nut like on the deluxes?
The title threw me off, sorry can't help.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
wow.... misleading....
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
you can file the nut a little.

and you can lube the nut cut with a pencil. the graphite helps keep it from getting caught.

if you choose to file, use a tothpick with a little light sand paperwrapped around it.
pass the file only once or twice and file UPwards, up from the headstock side up to the fretboard side.

dont make the cut too large. Just large enough.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by -GuitarHero-
The title threw me off, sorry can't help.

I can see so many dirty jokes if this was in the Pit.

On topic, I believe changes in gauge requires a truss rod adjustment. You could swap out the nut, maybe a roller or a locking nut.
amazingly...i had i feeling this was an actuall question...not what it sounded like...
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
what I have done in those situations is take the string off, put a little drop of crazy glue in the nut at the string slot and let it dry. Crazy glue dries to a hard crystaline and when you put your string back on, it will be raised up a hair and will not get pinched. Also take a pencil and rub the graphite in all of the string slots on the nut, it will prevent them from sticking.
^if it's too low then a drop of glue and baking soda mix will work fine, but i dont think his cut is low, just narrow.

and guys it's really not funny, so can you all just shut up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
LOL @ Title.... but seriously you can use a file like one of those really thin fingernail files to widen it out just a bit, just take a piece of scrap string, file a little, test fit, file a little, test fit until it slides somewhat freely. If the file is too big, just take some 400 grit sandpaper and fold it with a sharp crease, rough sides out, and file with that.