I know there should be better places then the pit.
But where ever I go I get the most biased opinions and it starts large forum battles between members and they're never conclusive.

I'm sort of expecting an answer from saphrax haha seems to be the comp guy around here.

Alright quick story short, Programming a game, have lots of programming experience so thats not the issue, was looking into the XNA cause I wouldn't mind porting it to my XBOX eventually. However I'd rather program in C++ then in C#, is there any libraries or frameworks that would allow me to port a C++ game to the XBOX? That won't cost a 1000$?

I mean I know it's possible because I will personally guarantee that developers are using C++ and NOT c#. Microsoft just seem to be complete dill holes about letting people develop outside the XNA.

Or will I have to hack my XBOX one way or another?
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Quote by denn0069
I know there should be better places then the pit.
But where ever I go I get the most biased opinions and it starts large forum battles between members and they're never conclusive.

I'm sort of expecting an answer from saphrax haha seems to be the comp guy around here.

Alright quick story short, Programming a game, have lots of programming experience so thats not the issue, was looking into the XNA cause I wouldn't mind porting it to my XBOX eventually. However I'd rather program in C++ then in C#, is there any libraries or frameworks that would allow me to port a C++ game to the XBOX? That won't cost a 1000$?

I mean I know it's possible because I will personally guarantee that developers are using C++ and NOT c#. Microsoft just seem to be complete dill holes about letting people develop outside the XNA.

Or will I have to hack my XBOX one way or another?

Hey dude,

I do a games programming course at uni! I think XNA is the only thing you can use unless you spend alot on a games engine. May I ask why you want to use C++ instead of C#?
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
I'm almost positive it has to be XNA. Do you have a modchip in your xbox though? Xecuter or another type?
Quote by ytse Jammer
Hey dude,

I do a games programming course at uni! I think XNA is the only thing you can use unless you spend alot on a games engine. May I ask why you want to use C++ instead of C#?

I've always used C++ with either OpenGL or DirectX to make my games in the past so I've kind of latched onto it. Also I like the more "intimate" feel with the hardware. It allows much more freedom of memory management, I feel that languages like Java and C#(although supposedly "true OO") are like a car with a governor set to 20km/h for people who can't drive. As long as you're smart about it you won't have memory leaks or faulty OO. So I like the speed, power and dirtyness of c++.

Quote by Erik_Aero
I'm almost positive it has to be XNA. Do you have a modchip in your xbox though? Xecuter or another type?

No
Thats stuff I wanted to avoid to. Dammit MS.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
ever.
▼▲
Hahahaha yeah I see what ya mean. Then sorry dude other than XNA I don't know, sorry!
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
Quote by denn0069

No
Thats stuff I wanted to avoid to. Dammit MS.

Unless you use Xbox Live, mod chips can be really handy. And even then, you can get HDD switches to switch back to your normal one. And if your curious, they're not illegal. It's just what some people do with them (copy games/ movies), and opening up the xbox voids the warranty. But they make programming for it 10000x easier.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Unless you use Xbox Live, mod chips can be really handy. And even then, you can get HDD switches to switch back to your normal one. And if your curious, they're not illegal. It's just what some people do with them (copy games/ movies), and opening up the xbox voids the warranty. But they make programming for it 10000x easier.

Are there no firmware hacks for the XBOX? Not that I really trust those.
Guess I'll try C# out, then if its that bad I'll consider modding.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
ever.
▼▲
Yeah, I wouldn't try any firmware hacks. In my experience they usually don't work properly, or screw things up. When trying those I got the "Your Xbox needs maintenance" screen a lot.