what is it when u dont have ur hands on the string it makes a buzz out of the amp?

how do you fix that?
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Take off the control plate at the back of the bass, and see if there are any loose wires, if there are solder them back on properly.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Take off the control plate at the back of the bass, and see if there are any loose wires, if there are solder them back on properly.

i was thinking to do that, but i wasnt sure if anything was wrong bck there.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
My amp buzzes when I have the TV on, and sometimes when I'm standing directly under my ceiling fan. I heard it was some interference goin on. Try turning off other big electronics that are around the amp.
no its the bass, i know that because, my schecter makes no noise, and when i plug my spector in, i get a high pitched buzzing noise from my amp when i dont touch the strings.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
It needs to be grounded
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
are you sure?

and how should i go about doing that?
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Grounding= The process what I told you to do.
EDIT: There should also be a green/yellow wire going to the bridge.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i didnt see any loose wires, or wires that needed to be sodered
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
dID YOU NOTICE ANY GREE(/CAPS)n or yellow wires? if you did they would need to be soldered back onto something metal that is not in the circuit I think
Quote by guitarhero_764

so i have to take the green cap off the circuit? but its connecting my volume and tone knob..
and i dont see a yello, but it only stops the buzzing when my hand touches either the string(which i dont understand at all cuz the strings arent in the circuit) or the circuit directly.. its odd, i tried the aluminum foil thing and i didnt work, but i still have no idea on what to do.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Did you look under the pickguard? And usually earth wires are usually green or green and yellow.
Quote by guitarhero_764

how far away are you from your amp?
i have the same problem with my strat... usually if i stand far enough away itll stop buzzin
the buzz is even worse when only one pickup (single coil) is selected. im thinkin its the pickups... if anyone knows?

i think its something to do with the pickups (as you said its stops when you touch the strings) -- im thinking something about the magnetic field from the pickups? im not a genius with all the electronic stuff...
Quote by scootlaundry
so i have to take the green cap off the circuit? but its connecting my volume and tone knob..
and i dont see a yello, but it only stops the buzzing when my hand touches either the string(which i dont understand at all cuz the strings arent in the circuit) or the circuit directly.. its odd, i tried the aluminum foil thing and i didnt work, but i still have no idea on what to do.

Hang on.

Stop.

Is there a wire coming from a hole underneath/near the bridge? That's the grounding wire. Give it a gentle, but firm tug to make sure that it's not gotten away from the bridge or torn or something.

Next job is to check EVERY solder joint. Make sure they're all shiny, not dull. If they are dull, resolder them.

Don't touch any capacitors or anything.

The next thing to do is shielding. There are two types of shielding - metal and paint.

In Metal shielding, foil (a few layers, one won't do) of copper grounding foil is placed inside any cavity with electronics. Paint shielding is the same, except the conductor in that case it special shielding paint, which is painted all around the cavities with electronics.

More information can be found in the Guitar Building and Customising Board on here or Stew Mac I believe.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
it is not grounded properly, i know that much. but there is 2 green wires coming from 2 huge black wires which contain all the wires on the circuit(might sound stoopid but thats the only way i can think to describe it) if i touch anything on the circuit the buzzing stops. or if i touch the jack or strings or bridge.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by scootlaundry
it is not grounded properly, i know that much. but there is 2 green wires coming from 2 huge black wires which contain all the wires on the circuit(might sound stoopid but thats the only way i can think to describe it) if i touch anything on the circuit the buzzing stops. or if i touch the jack or strings or bridge.

Right, some of those wires should be grounded to the base of a pot.

Check those.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

ok well here could be the problem, the plug's ground is loose, but when the cord is in, its no longer loose, so idk if thats the problem, all the wires are sodered on fine, and it looks good, but there IS something wrong with the ground.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by Nutter_101
Right, some of those wires should be grounded to the base of a pot.

Check those.

wait what?
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by scootlaundry
ok well here could be the problem, the plug's ground is loose, but when the cord is in, its no longer loose, so idk if thats the problem, all the wires are sodered on fine, and it looks good, but there IS something wrong with the ground.

How do you mean it's lose?

Not attached?
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

no it just wiggles around inside the plug, not the cord but the ground...part..
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
i dont dont know about yours but my bass does that whent the tone knob is all the way at 10
so if your tone is set to 10 then lower it i guess