Hey all. I have been browsing these forums for awhile and posting occasionally. I made a post a couple weeks ago regarding what kind of bass I should get and I finally picked up a VM p-bass from squier recently from MF. Although it plays well I am quickly finding that I do not enjoy the bass all that much and have begun to switch back to playing the squier combo bass (jazz neck with p and j pickup combo) that a friend of mine is letting me borrow.

My plan is to stick to playing that until he asks for his bass and amp back (no telling when that is). I have a good relationship with a guy who owns our local vinyl and repair shop and he has a Cort Action bass in stock. I have played through a Hartke 90w amp that he has on the floor and I like it. After reading through harmony-central it seems that about 90% of the reviews are completely positive. I have searched here and it seems that Cort gets respect from the bass crowd however there is little feedback regarding the action model.

What do you guys think? I think he is willing to let it go for ~$175 and it is in excellent condition. I noticed it is very light and has a lot of tonal options. Any feedback is welcome.
~Nick

P.S. If the Cort isn't a good idea I think I am going to just wait and save up for a MIM fender jazz bass. I like some of the squiers however as far as asthetics go I just don't dig the looks of many of their models that I would otherwise jump on (VM 70's j-bass is awesome except for the untinted neck and those horrible black block inlays, classic vibe j-bass is cool but the olympic white with tortoise shell pg just doesn't do it either).
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
I would get something else imo i dont know ive just never liked corts. maybe look into a ibanez or something else second hand. But overall its your choice and go with what you like. if you like the cort get it simple as
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Ya I understand the whole "if you like it then go with it" logic but at the same time I know a lot less on what to look for in a bass whereas with a guitar I know what I am looking for and what not, which is why I am looking for a bit of advice.
~Nick
FOR SALE:

Alvarez FD-60 acoustic electric- $295 obo (perfect condition, amber finish)
Lindy Fralin Blues Special Strat pickups (as set, perfect condition) - $175 obo

PM me if you are interested!
i own one, love it to death, i've modded mine a little (no tone pot and separate outputs for each pup) and it sounds beastly
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects