Ok so yesterday i got a gretsch electromatic. Im obviously going to start trying to play. but i have no idea about the chords.
im left handed but the guitar is right handed so right now im playing upside down which i have no problem with but when im looking at tabs it can be confusing because on Tab i cant tell which E is the low or high :S
Play the electric guitar normally, it'll **** your playing up in early stages if you do.
Quote by NKF176
Play the electric guitar normally, it'll **** your playing up in early stages if you do.

So should i try playing it right handed?
Quote by lithiumx21
string it backwards

True dat. You can go Hendrix style, or just play right handed. I'd recommend the second option since you'll build up your right hand, and you're have an easier time when it will come to switching to a better guitar.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
True dat. You can go Hendrix style, or just play right handed. I'd recommend the second option since you'll build up your right hand, and you're have an easier time when it will come to switching to a better guitar.

That's true, you'll have less problems with changing guitar. But every stick has to ends, you'll have issues with rhythm and speed. At least I have such (I'm left handed playing like righty). Anyway, I don't regret it. I will have to practise picking more, but I have a-hell-better vibratos, bends and hammer ons/pull offs then my right handed friends.