As you can probably guess I'm looking into getting a new amp, god forbid, I have an MG 50DFX. I honestly prefer my first amp, looking back I have no idea how I liked the MG enough to buy it.

Anyway, here are two samples of tone(s) I like, btw you only have to hear the intros. Same band in both videos.

Most of the stuff I like falls in around there. I'm not very versatile.

My budget is around $1200 (lets just say I haven't spent christmas money over the years.)
Actually, its $1200+whatever I can get for my MG (So like.. $1200.02?)

I'd like it to be capable of gigging/recording, I'm fine practicing on my cheapo amp.
Depends on what you play.

Bugera.
Marshal TSL.
Fender Hot rod.
Vox AC30.
Peavey classic 50.
Sounds like a cheesier 80s rock (no offense, I like 80s rock )

I'd say probably some kinda Marshally amp would work well (JCM800).

They do sound a bit more modern though so you could also just look into more "shred" like amps. Peavey JSX, Carvin Legacy and x100b, etc.

Just get yourself to a shop and try as many mid to higher gain tube amps in the $2000 range that you can (assuming you have no problem with buying used), as you can easily get most of those in your price range.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
AC30

it sounded so much like the edge when the verse started

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
I think a Randall RM50 with the right modules can get you a great sound. There are modules for everything you could need, including a George Lynch signature, a Kirk Hammett signature, and ones for amps like a Plexi, a Bogner, and several others.
Probably not the type of reply you're looking for, but hey. If I were you I would not ask about which amp on here, here's why: Never ever buy an amp, guitar or pedal etc without trying it out. just go to your local music store(s) and try out anything that appeals, then ask on here about what people think about your favourite choices.
Just remember, no matter how much people rave about domething, you must have had tried it out properly.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Sounds like a cheesier 80s rock (no offense, I like 80s rock )

I'd say probably some kinda Marshally amp would work well (JCM800).

They do sound a bit more modern though so you could also just look into more "shred" like amps. Peavey JSX, Carvin Legacy and x100b, etc.

Just get yourself to a shop and try as many mid to higher gain tube amps in the $2000 range that you can (assuming you have no problem with buying used), as you can easily get most of those in your price range.

None taken, Cheese burgers are good, despite its just a hamburger with cheese. Ironically in this situation... I prefer cheese burgers <.<... and I happen to like this more than the 80's rock XD. analogies are fun.

Anyway to the rest of you, thanks.
Quote by Cachao
Probably not the type of reply you're looking for, but hey. If I were you I would not ask about which amp on here, here's why: Never ever buy an amp, guitar or pedal etc without trying it out. just go to your local music store(s) and try out anything that appeals, then ask on here about what people think about your favourite choices.
Just remember, no matter how much people rave about domething, you must have had tried it out properly.

Yes, trying it out is very impotant, but it's also nice to have a starting place.