Page 1 of 2
Hey, post the songs that you think are great but where ruined (by guitar, bass, drums, lyrics, vocals or by being covered...)

I'd say Sunrise Avenue - Fairytale Gone Bad, great song, good lyrics, good melody but I think the voalist has a crap voice! it sounds like someone's crushing his balls as he's singing, It's not fitting to the song. The german popidol winner sang it and it sounds much better.

original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ey1aWDnyY

sung by German Popidol winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VHnuLo2u2Q
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Aug 28, 2008,
You Shook Me All Nigt Long covered by Shani Twain

Says it all really
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Apocalyptica - Faraway, it's one hell of a song, beautiful work by those Finns. This version is awesome: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OxwxX0mjXpA (killer film in that vid, too).

Then, it got horribly ruined: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TAj6SGLsdv0&feature=related
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Avril lavagne did fade to black and knockin on heavens door covers. I nearly killed myself.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir. The opening riff is so awesome, and then it all goes downhill from there.

Another Apocalyptica one: Bittersweet. Who told them that Ville Valo would be a good choice for a guest vocalist? He's rubbish, they should have got Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto
Quote by metaldud536

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by metaldud536

I've heard worse. Imagine if the usual singer had sung it though...

EDIT: the A7X one isn't as bad as i would have expected either. the singer does an ok phil anselmo.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Last edited by flambe chicken at Aug 28, 2008,
oh, Iron Maiden - Moonchild I LOVE the beginning, seven dirty sins ... and then the whole song changes, the song is sttill great but I just adore that beginning.
Quote by flambe chicken
I've heard worse. Imagine if the usual singer had sung it though...

EDIT: the A7X one isn't as bad as i would have expected either. the singer does an ok phil anselmo.

That's because he idolises Phil. He's like the ultimate fanboy.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. It's still a really good song but the first riff is one of the best riff's ever, and then it stops...:'(
I don't mind Fall Out Boy, but I think they ruined MJ's "Beat It".

Anybody heard A Day to Remember's version of "Since U've been gone"? It can't have been a hard song to cover, but they managed to ruin it.
Pretty much every AC/DC song. I don't mind their instruments, but I wanna shoot myself in the stomach every time I hear the singer.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Battery by Metallica has a super awesome intro then it quickly switches to generic 80's Metallica (which isn't bad, but it just sounds like **** following such a great intro)

Selkies -BTBAM
I saw like a 3 min version on youtube and wondered why they didn't just post the whole thing. When I heard the full version I realized the first 4 minutes was horrible, horrible metalcore junk. It's a shame they had to make a "br00tal" half of a good song just to fit their metalcore image....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by bob farrell
Avril lavagne did fade to black and knockin on heavens door covers. I nearly killed myself.

she also did chop suey by soad
Quote by The Pickle Man
You might find it hard to play because you are incredibly stupid.

Yes, becoming more physically fit will make it harder for you to move.

Quote by tragorious
im gonna rape you in your stomach anus
All Fallout Boy songs are ruined by his god awful voice.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I think there's a couple of pretty good songs on St. Anger which are obviously brought down a lot by Lars god awful snare sounding like he's kicking the crap out of a trashcan. Sweet Amber would be amazing if it weren't for that. >:l
'I believe, that whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you... stranger.'

'Bearing down upon a path we chose, chosen from the start living different rules.
Existence, something to cherish true, will not succumb to doubts that i hold onto.'
Metallica's new songs would sound a lot better if they weren't so overproduced. The mixing quality sucks, especially the drums.
Quote by Just Andrew

That Comfortably Numb cover was possibly the worst cover ever. Changing a song is one thing, but that was just disgusting to hear.
Fallout Boy murdered Beat It.

I was in a slump after I heard that. MJ's work shouldn't be tampered with, unless your Chris Cornell.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
tears don't fall by bullet for my valentine, it's a great song but I don't like the scream after the intro.

fergie's version of sweet chil o' mine almost made me cry it's such a failure, and as I said before, sunrise avenue - fairytale gone bad, terrible vocals,
Quote by Tom_hatton
Anything by Dream Theater. The music is brilliant, I just hate the vocalist.

Aww, I liked you...then you swept it all away

Anyways, for me...Uhh...Kathaarsys - Epic Pagan Times. The first really heavy distortion riff (the fairly technical one with the growl over it) is ruined simply because they do not repeat it .

And, Darkthrone's "In the Shadow of the Horns" is just four patterns repeated for...

7 MINUTES. I love black metal when it is really repetitive, but this song is attempting to be groovey thrash and fails so bad, but the chorus is so godly.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
the song 16 tons would make a great hard rock/metal song but it's a simple blues song that sounds dull.

Also I don't like the vocals that much for rage against the machine.
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by GerGuam
Selkies -BTBAM
I saw like a 3 min version on youtube and wondered why they didn't just post the whole thing. When I heard the full version I realized the first 4 minutes was horrible, horrible metalcore junk. It's a shame they had to make a "br00tal" half of a good song just to fit their metalcore image....

Wut
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by frankv
As much as I love Pink Floyd, I really enjoyed that.

I like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68L1HyRdoVs

, but c'mon...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Master of Puppets - Trivium cover

Still love the original, but Trivium's was garbage.
Quote by dr_rockso23
she also did chop suey by soad

Omg that bitch!!!

Everyone, realise that Avril Lavagne is the devil. Knockin on heavens door, fade to black, chop suey.

She is like cancer but worse.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Rubbersoul 065
I agree about Crazy Train. That intro riff is soooo bad ass, and then...well, not so good.

I completely agree, that bouncy little riff after one of the best intros ever makes me want to punch babies. The singing is even more painful; still, the solo rips.

Even though I've never been much of a Dream Theatre fan, I still quite like them, but it's not the vocals I hate (as many here do), it's the keyboards and the sound effects. Often it makes the band seem like a bit of a joke, I like keys in metal, but not how they do it. Get a second guitarist instead.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2