i work at taco time and my manager is a total dick theres been a whole bunch of times where ive had to restrain myself from walking out the door cuz hes such a douchebag

anyway im gettin sick of it and tonight im working a closing shift with him and im like this close to tellin him he can take this job and shove it

so what are the negative consequences of just walking out on a job? should i give them 2 weeks notice first?
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Do ittt man
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Jobs like that rarely expect to get 2 weeks notice before you leave. Its polite to do it, but if your manager is ticking you off that much there's not much negative that will happen to you from walking out of a job at taco time.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
It's Taco Time!

Yes, another thing to add to my list of things to say when someone asks for the time.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Depends, do you want to use them for a reference? If not, tell him to **** off and don't put it on your resume.
haha
Quote by daniel.mycoe
It's Taco Time!

Yes, another thing to add to my list of things to say when someone asks for the time.

What time is it?
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
I'm in a drought stricken part of India working for about £1 a day in some factory making shoes for you.

Sucks doesn't it.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quitting is for pussies I say Bind, torture, kill.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Yeah tell him to go fvck himself and his little taco time. You can even still put the job on a resume, at least here in Canada it is illigal to give a bad referance.

Edit*

Have some fun telling him off too. It's not like you're always gonna have crappy jobs (I hope) that you can do cool things while quitting. Tell him how you really feel, and storm out with pride.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Aug 28, 2008,
If you want to use them for a reference it would be best not to storm out.

And also, if you end up having to try and get your old job back I don't think they'd be happy to let you back if you stormed out.
Its a Joe job, it doesnt matter.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
When you apply for another job they'll want a reference from you're previous employer, who will give you a very bad one, and you'll be an unemployed hobo.
as they say at the cheese factory "suck it up, bitch".

go ahead and walk out, nobody's gonna care. you just might get a bad rep if you plan on getting another job locally.

If you really don't like it tell him you wanna quit but you'll for a bit until he gets a replacement.

so, as they also say at the cheese factory "(in a rapper style, like G-UniT) Come on Mutha Fucka Come on!"
yea ive been working there probably for about 7 months and me and him are like the only 2 guys who work there and he cant be a dick to the girls so he just has to be a dick to me its bull****

its jsut really annoying when you have a guy who works at freakin taco time but takes his job as serious as a damn secret service agent

and no im only 17 and i dont plan on using it as a reference i would rather worlk at the music store downtown or at least someplace which doesnt reak of ****ty food
i dont think you'll be giving the reference, they'll just call up Taco Time and find out themselves.
taco time?
i'm guessing you're locating in the northwest region? seattle maybe?

dude just walk out. the only bad thing about it is you'll lose you're job and you won't be able to use them as a job reference when you apply for another job. i can almost assure you that no one gives a **** about a job reference from taco time or any other fast food joint.

my suggestion? cuss him out in front of a **** load of customers and walk out. but before you do that make sure you apply for another job. once you get hired then tell him to **** off.

p.s. i may i suggest getting a job as a busser(buss boy)? you make some good money through tips
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
well i mean ive been a good employee and im a hard worker i havnt done anything wrong at the job... im just getting sick of the constant bull****

so is there liek a government file that shows where you have been employed that my new employer will look at and then call taco time? can i not tell them i used to work there??
Quote by SomebodySomeone
taco time?
i'm guessing you're locating in the northwest region? seattle maybe?

dude just walk out. the only bad thing about it is you'll lose you're job and you won't be able to use them as a job reference when you apply for another job. i can almost assure you that no one gives a **** about a job reference from taco time or any other fast food joint.

my suggestion? cuss him out in front of a **** load of customers and walk out. but before you do that make sure you apply for another job. once you get hired then tell him to **** off.

p.s. i may i suggest getting a job as a busser(buss boy)? you make some good money through tips

yea i was consideriong bussing tables at the restuarant downtown.. hmm thats not a bad idea at all
How is he being a dick? And just quit. That's what I did with my horrible job (Shopper's Drug Mart). Then I got an awesome job at a pizza place!
Quote by unknownpunkrock
What time is it?

It´s Taco Time!!
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
How is he being a dick? And just quit. That's what I did with my horrible job (Shopper's Drug Mart). Then I got an awesome job at a pizza place!

That's an incredibly depressing story
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by unknownpunkrock
What time is it?

Its Taco Time already!

Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Its Taco Time already!

I think I made myself quite clear when I declared it was Chico Time.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by 1The_Trooper1

hes just one of those people who are born assholes ya know what i mean?
Quote by conquistador
hes just one of those people who are born assholes ya know what i mean?

For sure. I know what you mean.
Quote by Castlebravo
there's a place called Taco Time?

haha yea and its prices are a travesty haha any place where a burrito is 6 bucks is a bad place indeed
Quote by conquistador
yea i was consideriong bussing tables at the restuarant downtown.. hmm thats not a bad idea at all

yeah you should definitely look into restaurants, local ones preferably. trust me, working as a cook, I KNOW, how much bussers make on tips aside from your wage. if you're at least 18, it'll be easy, but if you're 16 or 17, it'll be a bit of a challenge to try and get a job as a busser in a restaurant since they have to consider the risks in working in a kitchen environment (food poising, slippery floors, etc.), which is why i recommend local establishments.

p.s. yeah some people are just born assholes, as a matter of fact, i just quit my second job last week cuz the chef i worked with was an asshole. if he was even slightly under pressure he pretty much ate everyone alive with his eyes. i got fed up and told him to **** off.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo