Ive been playing guitar alot today bout 2 and half to 3 hours. Anyway I was playing and a sudden pain came over my wrist. Anyone know what it is and how to fix it thx.
originally posted by- bendystraw
oh and a classic:
"hey you play guitar"? *swipes without permission*
"dOOd your guitars way out of tune."
me:"its in drop D idiot"
him:"ill drop D on your mom!"
Yea I know what you mean I get that sometimes as well. What I do is just take a break then try to play again. If I still have pain I just stop for that day and play tomorrow.
Sometimes I get pain in my knuckles. This happens when I try playing fast solos, like the kind dragonforce plays. So yea I just give it a break for a while.

Notice I said that I "try" to play fast solos.
Man I wish
Just have a break for a bit, rest your hand. You should stop playing immediatly if your hand hurts, you don't want to injure yourself.

And another tip:

Don't play Every Breathe You Take without a warmup, that RAPES your hand.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I had that and didn't worry about it for long.. turns out I had/have carpel tunnel. It happened from typing alot and having bad technique at the time. You might wanna go over your technique before it possibly gets worse. It started when I was 15, and I'm 17 now and still have to wear a wrist brace sometimes, which causes me not to be able to play for 3-5 days at a time. It sucks.
make sure you're warming up well. Physically actually warming them up helps. Example running hands and wrist under hot water then rotating wrist and doing some strtching of finers works well