thanks for the prompt reply.

I mostly play punk and some metal, and I have a roland cube 15
To be perfectly honest, the stock pup's in that guitar are pretty good IMO. They do metal/punk pretty well i think.
But the SD's will be a good match for that style of music.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
get distortion mayhen set or whatever it is...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I think those pickups would be a good choice. I know they're good for metal so they should work for punk too. Maybe consider a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck that's what I have in my LTD and It's really good for metal.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Aug 28, 2008,
Sorry to say but really those pickups isn't going to do a whole lot of difference really. A bit maybe, but really, for a cheap guitar and cheap amp, the difference is very small I'm afraid!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Sorry to say but really those pickups isn't going to do a whole lot of difference really. A bit maybe, but really, for a cheap guitar and cheap amp, the difference is very small I'm afraid!

The Duncan pickups will help alot. I had an Epi SG Special and the pickups are awful. The Duncans WILL help the sound of that guitar alot. Plus later Colm92 could put the Duncans in a new guitar when he upgrades.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The Duncan pickups will help alot. I had an Epi SG Special and the pickups are awful. The Duncans WILL help the sound of that guitar alot. Plus later Colm92 could put the Duncans in a new guitar when he upgrades.

Ok thanks very much to everyone who posted i will get, them and some ernie ball strings and a pickguard and stuff thanks very much.

Later
Colm,
Quote by Colm92
Ok, is there any other pickups that you would recommend?

save for a new amp!

i have an SG special and while its not amazing by any means, i have a swineshead warthog in the bridge and through a decent amp it sounds fantastic for any type of rock

by 'decent' i mean a valve amp.

look at blackhearts, crate V series and Laney VC (LC at a push)

with one of those you'll be suprised how good the pups sound.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Colm92
Ok thanks very much to everyone who posted i will get, them and some ernie ball strings and a pickguard and stuff thanks very much.

Later
Colm,

Don't get them, it's just a waste of money. They're not going to do anything for your sound given the rest of the equipment you have and even if they did you wouldn't be able to quantify the difference.

If you don't have much money to spend then why waste it on something you don't need that isn't going to benefit you...spend it on something useful. Like alcohol, or food, or clothes, or rare jewels, or an iguana.

Or a hooker.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
tell me if this makes sense, your going to spend as much on pick ups as the guitar your putting them in, then plan to run it into a cube 15...

won't do much good, best be saving for a new amp and guitar. But they are good pups btw
Quote by zakkwyldefan79

Of course they would... THROUGH A GOOD AMP!

Sure the Cube 15 isn't bad. But really pickups matter more if you have a good amp. Most pickups are tuned to work with valve amps too. For an example, I changed pickups in my Les Paul and there was a big difference when I tried it through my Orange. BUt on cheaper amps the difference was very small really...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
those pickups you chose should do amazingly in the SG
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400