I just put a new 500k tone pot in with a .22uf capacitor, the problem is that when I turn the knob, it only goes on and off, it doesnt adjust gradually, does anyone know how to fix this?
Are you sure you got the right type of pot? Some pots are like switches in a pot form, if you know what I mean.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Try contacting where you got it from and tell them the problem, otherwise I can only think that you need to clean the pot.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Your supposed to use a .022 or .047 cap not a .22. The .22 will dump to much treble to fast so acts like a switch.
I had read that .22 and .022 were the same, well I guess thats why you cant trust everything you read on the internet.

Edit: If this does work Im gonna be pissed because I had everything working earlier other than that and then I had to pull the strings off, open it back up and now some of the wires need to be resoldered, and this could have been preventedby just getting the right part. Well, s**t happens.
Last edited by Aquaman788 at Aug 29, 2008,
I went ahead and switched out the .22 capacitor today with a .022 capictor and problem solved. Thanks alot for the help guys, I knew I could count on the UG'ers to see me through my troubles.