Well im in quite a pickle;
I signed up for guitar 1 in highschool knowing it would be an easy class considering how long I have been playing guitar and for the amount of music theory knowledge I know. Well today was the fourth day of school ( I have only been in school the first and third day though, my father just died today and the second day I missed because I was tending to him) and besides the fact that I am falling terribly behind in paper work, the first real class we had made me notice how tedious this year is going to be if I stick with this class. Im a freshmen and my plan was since there is 4 guitar classes, each year I will have one so basically I will have a break in between each school day where I have an hour to play guitar (tight right? its like a dream come true but the nightmare is) it turns out in Guitar 1 we only learn 3 notes!!!!!!
So heres the conclusion I have come to: a.) i stick with guitar 1, and being as awesome as I am I just try to speed through each lesson each day and spend the rest of each class playing w/e I want. B.) I drop out and try to sign up for Guitar 2/3 where it will be more interesting and for the last 1/2 years of highschool I take piano class (which I for a day or two thinking of taking anyways because I already know guitar and would like to learn piano).

(And I cant take guitar 2-4 and start up piano next year because I already am planning for music theory 1&2 and music tech which would be my only electives other then what ive set aside for guitar 1,2,3&4)

So if anyone actually has read all of this I would love someone to shed some light on what they would do in this situation.
Just skip to the highest level class you can. Take advantage of the rest of the education you're being offered.
What kind of retarded class teaches 3 notes... Who the hell needs that much time to learn 3 notes...?
Quote by DaFizzle
Periods are only a myth made up by woman to have more things to cry about, its the same with birth pains. Because i imagine its like having a shite and i quite enjoy turding.

Quote by SoftParade1967
subway?
Quote by Exo M7
he needs a ride not a sandwich ****ing retard
Personally, I wouldn't waste a year with guitar 1 because not only will it not help you to improve as a player, but it will also possibly be keeping out someone who could actually use the help ( assuming that the class is full).

On the side of whether to take guitar 2-3 or 2-4, you've got two+ years to think and reflect on what you have to do, so don't sweat the little things.

HOWEVER, don't let the Guitar class make you drop back on all your other school work, because odds are its the knowledge you gain from those courses, the main ones that is, that will allow you to get and sustain a job should guitar playing/musicianship fall through, and statistically speaking, it might.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
skip to higher classes. you'll be f*cking bored for an hour if you don't
sorry about your dad.

take the higher class, at least TRY to take advantage of the opportunity, and learn something from school music classes
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by Lrn2play
Well im in quite a pickle;
I signed up for guitar 1 in highschool knowing it would be an easy class considering how long I have been playing guitar and for the amount of music theory knowledge I know. Well today was the fourth day of school ( I have only been in school the first and third day though, my father just died today and the second day I missed because I was tending to him) and besides the fact that I am falling terribly behind in paper work, the first real class we had made me notice how tedious this year is going to be if I stick with this class. Im a freshmen and my plan was since there is 4 guitar classes, each year I will have one so basically I will have a break in between each school day where I have an hour to play guitar (tight right? its like a dream come true but the nightmare is) it turns out in Guitar 1 we only learn 3 notes!!!!!!
So heres the conclusion I have come to: a.) i stick with guitar 1, and being as

Is this some kind of joke?
sorry about your dad man but i say take highest level class you can or just shred apart guitar 1
I'm Steve
Only music classes we have are band and music appreciation. I wish we had a guitar class...
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
do what i do challenge the teacher to a duel (mine had a masters)
play in key D minor
????
mention steve vai
win
????
profit
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
sorry about your dad, dude, that's awful to hear.

but staying on topic you should take the harder classes. it will be more challenging, more fun, and you will yield greater results as a musician and guitarist.
wow your real lucky to have a guitar class in your school. My whole entire music program was cut for a year because of lack of funding. Do you go to a private school?
lucky your school offers guitar classes, unlucky about your dad situation.. so sorry man
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
at my high school we have a music theory and harmony class. if u have that at your school take that
Do the harder class.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT