Ok so I've had my Line 6 Spider II for about a year (or 2?) now.

http://www.line6.com/store/hardware.html...

I love it, but I was thinking about upgrading to this cabinet and head:
http://www.line6.com/spideriiicab/
http://www.line6.com/spideriiihd150/

Can anyone tell me if it is worth it or not? How much do you think I can sell my current amp for, and how much would the head and cabinet cost together (new)? My current amp plays fine and I do play it a lot, but I've never put it past half volume and it's in really good shape because I don't move it a lot. Is there any difference between my amp and the cab and head combo besides the upgrades the Spider III has from a Spider II? Any help is appreciated.
I think you shouldn't get a spider...
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
he has a point there.
were not being jerks ,were being honest.
dont get a spider.
tell us what kind of music you play and your budget and well help you.
definately upgrade though
I've never played a spider so I can't say from first hand knowledge... but... if you search on this forum you will find that most people don't speak highly of them...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Roland Microcube
+2^

Upgrade your amp by getting a -different- amp!!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
You know what, If you really like the Spider tone, I mean really, more power to you.

But unless you are gigging, or recording, or feel some other reason to get a head+cab, you don't need it. Especially if you aren't going to move it around.
ive never herd a spider II, i can tell you spider III amps sound very digital compared to even other ss amps, imo its not worth it, you can find a better half stack for the price($650)
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
but if you love spider amps then go with it.
your the one playing it.
just prepared to be made fun of by a whole lot of people.
Get a nice modeling amp like a vox AD series or a lower end all tube amp. Buying another spider won't get you very far. It might be a little louder or cooler looking but tone wise you won't see much improvement.

Go to a music store and ask to try some decent tube amps (bring your own guitar), and compare that to the tone of your current amp... you should hear a pretty big difference.

happy hunting
Quote by alkaline388
Ok so I've had my Line 6 Spider II for about a year (or 2?) now.

http://www.line6.com/store/hardware.html...

I love it, but I was thinking about upgrading to this cabinet and head:
http://www.line6.com/spideriiicab/
http://www.line6.com/spideriiihd150/

Can anyone tell me if it is worth it or not? How much do you think I can sell my current amp for, and how much would the head and cabinet cost together (new)? My current amp plays fine and I do play it a lot, but I've never put it past half volume and it's in really good shape because I don't move it a lot. Is there any difference between my amp and the cab and head combo besides the upgrades the Spider III has from a Spider II? Any help is appreciated.

The Spiders aren't very good so there's no point buying another one and if you never pput it past half volume what would you do with a louder amp? Upgrade yoyur amp by all means, but actually upgrade...buying another spider is a sideways step.

What's your budget and what kind of stuff do you play, then people can give you ideas of what to try out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you like modelling check out the Peavey Vypyr. They're fairly inexpensive and sound great.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Get a tube amp. I remember when before I got my Vox AD50VT, experienced guitarists told me to get a tube amp, but I never really did listen so I ended up getting the Vox. And I was excited about it and played it and I loved it. But NOW, I realized there are far better sounding amps within the price range...and I'm saving up for a tube amp as well (Ceriatone).
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash
I mostly play stuff like punk/metal/rock...I've played a couple of small gigs with the amp, nothing exciting, but I really like it. The effects are great and I can make a lot of cool tones with it. I also have my FBV Expressboard which let's me switch from clean to distortion easily...even though the wah pedal sucks.

What is it you guys don't like about spiders?

I'll probably get laughed at for this but...: Can anyone explain the difference between my current amp and a cab + head? I'm pretty sure they're both 150 watts, the cab is just bigger...
Quote by alkaline388

What is it you guys don't like about spiders?

I dunno.... Maybe the fact they sould like garbage? About a week or two ago I went to go pick up my MicroCube, the guy at GC started to point me at the spiders (WTF!!! The dude thought the Spider was the MicroCube ), so, rather then tell him to screw off and point me to the Cube, I entertained his idea, lemme just say that thing sounded like Garbage. (And not the Band) It was so hollow and empty, it was like an Empty Box (Can I do that? I just did!)

I mean really, the Cube blows it outta the water IMO, And why anyone would want 150W of spider I dunno.

Here's an idea, keep the spider ya got seeing how you like it (More power to ya!), and go get a Little Giant 5W Tube amp... That way you get to keep all your versitility in your spider and such, yet ya get actual tube tube-ness!
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by mitchell14
I would say get a tube amp

I would say consider ss amps as well and don't be an elitest tube prick. Even though I prefer tubes and they make up the majority of my suggestions, they are not the anwser to everything. Don't just say "Oh yeah, tubes are the way to go no matter what." Tubes are not for everyone and that was a pointless post.

If you like the Spider, get it. Though really, whats the point of getting a louder version of an amp you don't even turn up? I you like modellers, you could also check out Line 6 Flextones.

To anwswer you question, no, yours is not 150w if it is a combo. I am pretty sure line 6 doesn't make 150w spider combos.