I need a good metal amp for about 600bucks. And by metal i mean, Pantera, A7X, Bullet For My valentine, System Of A Down. Stuff like that. Good cleans arent necessary but would be nice. Also, needs to be loud enough for band practice and gigs.
Thanks.
What about that valveking in your sig?

I'd say a used 6505.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Used Peavey 5150/6505? Or a Bugera? I hear the Bugera 331xl (i think that's its name) has good cleans and quite a lot of gain
Quote by PLOP
What about that valveking in your sig?

I'd say a used 6505.

I wanna' get a Valveking but I was just wondering what UG thinks for a good metal amp.
Valveking or used 6505 combo.

DON'T GO BUGERA! They are fail, I have heard too many horror stories.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
if you get a valveking then you would need a tubescreamer with it to get good metal sounds. new tubes and new speakers would also help, im not sure on how big of a difference but from what ive heard it helps alot. for me using my tubescreamer and my brothers guitar with emgs gets a good metal sound.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
dont spend $400 on a solid state amp, for around the same amount of money you could get a valveking 112.

edit: if you look around you may even find the 212 for $400. i called my local store and asked if they had the 112 i could test out (i didnt really want to buy it), the dude replied that they only had a 212 and that he would sell it to me half off. needless to say i took the deal.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Last edited by tzmen23 at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by Dimebag Bill
http://allentown.craigslist.org/msg/794207410.html

What do you guys think of this? It looks different from the normal 5150, but its cheap and seems good.
Thanks.

Try to see if you can get just the cab, and maybe snag the head I posted above.

I assume Reading is a bit of a drive, but that amp is pretty damn good.

If you can snag that cab for half his asking price, and maybe shave 50 bucks off the asking price for that head, you'll have a killer rig for about 650. Hell of a deal.
umm, hate to break it to ya, but that's not a 5150. it's only a 5150 cab, and a transtube (whatever that is) head. i've read good things about the b-52 tube amps, and also of the bugeras. I have no idea about the build quality of the bugeras though. I recommend a used peavey vtm head and cab if you can find one. they have great metal tone. if you can't find one of those, then i agree with the people who are recommending the 5150/6505 route
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
umm, hate to break it to ya, but that's not a 5150. it's only a 5150 cab, and a transtube (whatever that is) head. i've read good things about the b-52 tube amps, and also of the bugeras. I have no idea about the build quality of the bugeras though. I recommend a used peavey vtm head and cab if you can find one. they have great metal tone. if you can't find one of those, then i agree with the people who are recommending the 5150/6505 route

The VTM route is a good one.

But the 5150 cab is worth trying to get alone, which would open tons of options as far as getting a head.
vavleking is NOT a metal amp. yeah you cna play metal on it, but it was NOT NOT NOT made for metal.

buy yourself a 5150 combo. that should be 600 bucks.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
**** what they say get some marshals dave mustain, yngwie malmsteen i don't give a **** about 600 thats cheap
used 5150. its exactly what you want. i dont think there is any need to recommend anything else.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by dimebag_d
**** what they say get some marshals dave mustain, yngwie malmsteen i don't give a **** about 600 thats cheap

Dude, you make zero sense. Please, GTFO
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by apak
vavleking is NOT a metal amp. yeah you cna play metal on it, but it was NOT NOT NOT made for metal.

buy yourself a 5150 combo. that should be 600 bucks.

Dude, I dont think a 5150combo will cost 600bucks.
^That's around what they go used.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^That's around what they go used.

Im looking on eBay and other sites and they're going for around 1000$.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣