I just got a guitar with a floyd rose double locking system (with the nuts) I took the nuts off to tune the gutar, then put them back on VERY TIGHT, but when i use the trem, the strings go out of tune (very specifically the low E string) is there something im doing wrong or is this normal?
MichaelEMJAYARE
maybe you just have old strings.
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
no i didnt strech the strings. I dont think the strings are old (though i got it off Ebay)
I wouldnt think the strings are the point, the locking nuts should prevent it from down-tuning
MichaelEMJAYARE
no. if your string wasnt stretched by you, the string will start stretching itself so it will go out of tune until it stretches to the maz and doesnt go out of tune anymore. watch videos or tutorial about string changing in FRs and you will see that all of the serious people stretch their strings
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Metallica Meat
no i didnt strech the strings. I dont think the strings are old (though i got it off Ebay)
I wouldnt think the strings are the point, the locking nuts should prevent it from down-tuning

This is your problem. Trem bridges require you to stretch the strings,
my question is is it normal for the strings to go out of tune even when the locking nut is on? I think no cuz thats what their supposed to do, Lock.
MichaelEMJAYARE