I have a Schecter Omen 6 that I took apart and I'm doing all sorts of stuff to it. One thing that really bugged me about the guitar, is that the volume and tone knobs weren't very responsive. There practically was no middle region for them, they were either all the way on or all the way off. I don't know what value they are, but I'm assuming the volume is a 500k and the tone is a 250k (please correct me). I've been reading about the treble bleed mod and I'm going to do that, but it doesn't really address the current problem. Is there anything I can do to make the pots transition better between their 10 and 0 positions?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Im not sure how to fix it, but the pot should have a stamp under it indicating if its 250k or 500k. I had the same problem on my Squier, I thought it was just low quality. Your schecter is definately a nicer guitar so it must not be the quality. Maybe replace the pots?
It's not really a nice guitar. It was $300 and is an Omen 6. I think it might be their cheapest model.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I've tried the treble bleed and I don't like it. It just doesn't sound very natural to me.

Might I suggest the Les Paul '50s style mod? Also very easy to pull off, a bit more natural sounding, retains the high end clarity of the pickup as you back off the volume. Only problem is that it makes the tone control a bit tricky...