Ok so for my jazz band at school we each have to bring in some song (any genre) that showcases a blues chord progression. My problem is that I haven't been playing jazz long at all and have a difficult time hearing this just taking a listen to a song. Does anybody have any tips on picking out these chord progressions?

And what exactly constitutes a blues progression? Is it just containing I, IV, and V chords or are there more specific requirements?
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
tenor madness is a good jazz song with a blues progression. also, you can just bring any standard blues song too. pride and joy by stevie ray vaughan, crossroads by cream, why don't we do it in the road or yer blues by the beatles. so much stuff
Though there is a lot of jazz with the blues progression in it, you might just want to pick up virtually any blues cd.
a blues song typically has the following progression:

I IV I I
IV IV I I
V IV I V

repeat..
Blue Train, your teacher will be impressed.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder
Kenny Burrell - Chitlins con Carne (or just about everything else off of his album Midnight Blue)
Charles Mingus - Cryin' Blues