my friend has a Marshall 250dfx amp and the signal keeps cutting in and out. any suggestions? We tried new cables and diff guitars and all that too.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
new amp?
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Could be a number of things first I would wiggle the connection points to see if its that. If its not that and you have checked everything external its going to be an internal problem which means time to take it to a tech. But more then likely you going to be buying a new amp becasue tech costs can get up there.
its about a year old. we even opened it up and we didnt see any loose wires or anything like that.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
try a little seriously LITTLE bit of zippo fluid on a q tip and clean out the input jack. if that dont work try checking for loose wiring. if that doesnt work use the remaining zippo fluid to burn the amp and get a new one because the problem probably costs about as much to fix as a replacement.
Its probably a part going out and tracing that stuff down is nearly impossible on an SS amp. Id rather the part blow up then it work sparaticaly atleast then i can find it lol

Sounds like a new amp day.....
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
try a little seriously LITTLE bit of zippo fluid on a q tip and clean out the input jack. if that dont work try checking for loose wiring. if that doesnt work use the remaining zippo fluid to burn the amp and get a new one because the problem probably costs about as much to fix as a replacement.

Lighter fluid in something electronic is a very very bad idea especially if your looking for a loose sparking wire. Thats just asking for trouble... Just get a can of contact cleaner it goes a long way.....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Lighter fluid in something electronic is a very very bad idea especially if your looking for a loose sparking wire. Thats just asking for trouble... Just get a can of contact cleaner it goes a long way.....

im sorry i was just assuming that somebody asking how to fix an amp would have at least enough of an idea of what he was doing to UNPLUG THE ELECTRICAL DEVICE BEFORE DISASSEMBLY AND REPAIR. I learned that when i was like ten dude no need to state the obvious. Oh and zippo fluid might be the best cleaner known to man.