yeah one of my best friends and my bands rhythm guitarist was diagnosed with a brain tumor. it sucks. i just needed to tell someone. i know the pit isnt the best place but what can i do to help him?
well..i can't think of anything to say but..be a good friend?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Man that sucks...all you can do is just make sure he knows you're there if he needs you. Is he going to have chemo?
Up The Boro!
Boy that sucks hardcore...Now if he is anything like us pit dwellers get him some form of rape card, he'll find it funny
If not then i had nothing to do with it...
Quote by Preid
Be there for him

/end thread.

Seriously, thats the best advice you can get from anyone anywhere.
...what can you do?

Nothing.

Just act as if everything is normal I guess..? Don't go on about it and just be there for him?

Unless he's gonna die, real soon...
...then you gotta do crazy ****.

I mean, looming death is almost a blessing, knowing how much time you got left? I mean, wow...
...don't have to worry about smoking damaging your health =D

...seriously though, best thing you could do for him is help him to enjoy life, just be a mate.

(Or learn brain surgery...)
Sucks dude..what kind of guitars does he have? He might leave you them in his will y'know?!?
allen from lit has(d) the same brain tumor as ted kennedy. tis a tragedy.

I wish your friend all the luck in the world.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
If he loves making music in your guys' band, then keep at it. music is IMO one of the BEST therapy or escape anyone (especially us musicians) can have. Just keep rockin or listening to tunes with him.
i have a friend who was born with 6 tumors in his brain. he was supposed to die at 12 and he's now 18 and only has one tumor left. it could always be worse.

ne there for him is all you could do.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
^^
RUSSEL WHAT THE Fuck!!!

seriously though just jam with him a lot and donate to cancer research
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
i dont think hes terminally ill but you know this kinda stuff happens they get rid of it comes back and kills ya.
Quote by Zan3
Sucks dude..what kind of guitars does he have? He might leave you them in his will y'know?!?

Hes got a schecter Damien FR
Damn...That's always tough. My good friend was diagnosed with brain cancer back in April. He just finished chemo about a month ago and now he's on radiation. Hopefully, they found your friend's tumor early. If so, he's got a big chance of recovering 100%. Another one of my friends had a brain tumor a few years ago. Her's turned out to be benign, so they just removed it. I hope your friend gets through this quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Man that sucks, I would just try to go on as normal and not treat him differently. Although I don't have any friends or know anyone with an illness like that, so I really dont know. Good luck to your friend.
Damn, I'm sorry for you. I had a friend when I was seven years old who died of a brain tumour, but it wasn't diagnosed until the damage had been done. I hope it goes better for your friend, good luck.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by mattrod
Man that sucks, I would just try to go on as normal and not treat him differently. Although I don't have any friends or know anyone with an illness like that, so I really dont know. Good luck to your friend.

Yes! Be sure to treat him almost exactly the same. Just be a bit nicer to him, if you normally make fun of him or something like that.
Well, nowdays the prognosis for Brain Tumor is improving quite a significant bit and if its still in its early stages, there are a good loads of chances it can be easily cured with some surgery or drugs.

But still its not a pretty thing to go through. You've gotta stay with him!
Dude, that sucks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Think WWGD?

What would God do?

Give him a brain tumor.

Best wishes, op.
What kind of guitar do you play?

That sucks.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution