whats up everyone, ive been getting into jazz lately and oddly enough i am throwing a 60s sorta mod party for my friend in a few weeks but am having trouble finding some cool music. i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of some real hip like jazz or something real 60s. even if it isnt jazz suggestions would be much appriciated! something to get people moving would be best!

think of it as a go-go club or something? not as much mod but im pretty much just talking out of my a** now... so ya.... ill save the embaressment and stop talking, but please help!
Guitars
White Gibson 61' SG Reissue
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Marshall 50w JCM 800 with 1960AX Cab
Fender Deluxe Reverb
EHX Stereo Pulsar<Dunlop Rotovibe<MXR Flanger<EHX Big Muff
For jazz: Money Jungle - Duke Ellington
Time out - Dave Brubeck quartet
Moanin' - Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
Kind of blue - Miles Davis
The best of John Coltrane

Other music you might use is ska, but I don't know very much about that.
And of course, don't forget the British beat groups (early Beatles, Stones, Yardbirds, Kinks, The Who, ...) and sixties soul (James Brown, Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, Booker T & The MG's, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Temptations, Martha Reeves & The Vandella's, ...)!
ok, here is what will get the party started.

Charles Mingus - Moanin'

People will think a freight train has run them over.
Quote by hendrixfanatic
Time out - Dave Brubeck quartet
Kind of blue - Miles Davis

Those two are actually from the 50's. For straight ahead jazz try:
A Love Supreme-John Coltrane
Charles Mingus + Eric Dolphy- Cornell 1964
Miles Davis- Miles Smiles
Herbie Hancock- Maiden Voyage

If you want to go the fusion route, try either In A Silent Way or Bitches Brew by Miles Davis.
John Coltrane - Live in Newport in 1963 is a killer album
"How to Become a Better Musician" - is my online course at www.MyOnlineMusicLessons.com. Phrasing and Rhythmic Development, Improv Techniques, Jazz Theory, Ear Training and more. I'm also available for Skype/Hangout lessons.
this one isn't a jazz suggestion, but for a 60's themed party make sure you check out the zombies.

On a Jazz note, Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock were both playing in the 60's and I think John McLaughlin was too. I know Dizzy Glillespie came out with some records in the 60's too so check them out.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily