Is there really that much difference between the Epiphone Les Paul Custom or the Standard? I played both the other day at the store and there wasn't that much difference, other then the typical variation between guitars. Is it worth me getting the Custom or shall i just go Standard? Gibson Les Paul Special Faded worth a look?

Thanks
Dave
I prefer the look of the customs over the others. as far as play goes, i haven't played one recently to suggest anything
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
If you played both and they feel the same to you, then all it realy comes down to is price and looks. If your willing to pay the extra for the custom look, go for it.
And if I were you I'd stay away from all lower end Gibsons, except maybe the Studio.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Mostly cosmetic, and the wood they're made from.

I prefer the Custom though.

Definitely avoid the cheaper Gibsons, too. Higher end Epiphones are better.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
custom ftw

gibson faded will suck

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

^plus one....60's neck is great
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Or, if you want to, you can take a gander at www.rondomusic.com and look at the Agile guitars there. I got mine for $380 USD and wouldn't take any other Gibson or Epiphone over it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I know the agiles are supposed to be pretty good, but I serioulsy can't stand there headstock, I'd rather just stick with my Epi Standard LP.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Ok. Bump.

I found out that my local shop is a Tokai and Burny Dealer. Would these be better then an Epi? Are there any models i should look out for?

Dave
Quote by SGStrummer61
Or, if you want to, you can take a gander at www.rondomusic.com and look at the Agile guitars there. I got mine for $380 USD and wouldn't take any other Gibson or Epiphone over it.

To be honest, if I was given the choice of a an Agile or Gibson, I would choose the Gibson. I've played an Agile, and it wasn't much better than an Epiphone really.

EDIT: To the guy up there ^

Yup, you should at least try them. What's the worst that'll happen, you find an Epiphone better?

So yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero