Hey guys, is the Gibson Les Paul Studio an upgrade over a Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede? I have heard so many mixed reviews of Studios and I do like my Hagstrom. The studio is considerably more expensive but I fear I'd be paying extra for the name on the headstock.
its true, you are paying a bit for the name on the headstock, but I still to this day never liked anything more then my studio :O (that I have played and heard)
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
Most of the Gibson Studio owners are pretty happy; however, there are some people who have "played" the Studio and found 1001 faults with it.

Your best option is to audition it for at least an hour and several times, through an amp like yours or one you're planning to buy.

Also, some back and forth about the Studio vs. everything else: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=447188

Good Luck!
Thanks for the threads and input guys.

By the way, the Hagstrom model I mentioned is pretty similar to the Swede and Super Swede in terms of sound and playability, for those who may be unfamiliar with it.
Quote by Ippon

Your best option is to audition it for at least an hour and several times, through an amp like yours or one you're planning to buy.
Good Luck!

+100 it really is a very different guitar, and alot of people hate it :O so you really really have to try it and listen to the sound.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
I own a Studio and tell you this. They sound like the classic Les Pauls, so there's no big difference in tone. However thequality of them varies. The Gibsons frm the late 90's (Studios included) are VERY high quality. However the modern ones often have quality control issues. There are many "lemons" but also some good ones for an example.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009