I'm a beginner guitarist and was interested in getting some effects.

I have a tele and old Ampeg M-12 guitar amp. The amp is a 15W all tube setup. It does not have any gain control only volume and tone, so its difficult to get that great overdriven sound out of it without cranking it up all the way.

I can't decide if I'd like some kind of multi-effects (digital) or some just some basic old school analog effects. I hate to take away from that great tube sound by going digital, but for tinkering with different sounds you can't beat the price.

Is it a tragedy to put am modern digital effects in front of a great old tube amp?
If it's not too terrible, there's nothing wrong with a multi-effects if you just want to play around. You could always decide you want single effects later.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
personally if your lookin for drive i think you should look into OD pedals

look into tube screamesr or fulltone ocds

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Thanks, that is a pretty good point. multi-effects have gotten really inexpensive, i guess something basic (cheap) couldn't hurt for the short run, i just hate to buy too much too soon.
Quote by mattwebster77
Thanks, that is a pretty good point. multi-effects have gotten really inexpensive, i guess something basic (cheap) couldn't hurt for the short run, i just hate to buy too much too soon.

What effects are you looking for? If you really don't know, then I guess a multi wouldn't be a bad short term investment - although I'm honestly not a fan. If OD is your focus, then I think you'd be much better off getting yourself a quality, analog, OD pedal.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
A tele and an old Ampeg? You are a tubescreamer away from pure bliss. *cough* Maxon OD808 *cough*.