i know you are not supposed to eat before singing but whats the worst thing you could eat right before a show? and the best?
i need this info fast please
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
worst- tacos/pizza anything like that

best? celery, carrots pretty much any veggies and fruit.

I wouldn't eat at least 4 hours before I went on and don't drink ice cold water. it should be tepid.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Eating? Like...milk products are awful. And stuff liek yogurt. Carbonated beverages are bad obviously.

Stuff that coats your throat.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
that was fast
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
i need this info fast please

We just did like you asked lol
Quote by Discgolf
We just did like you asked lol

you are great guys
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
What if im just singing harmony or small vocal parts is it acceptable to eat before playing a show... I usually have a tradition of getting a ****load of taco bell before i go on.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by AmpleSteak
What if im just singing harmony or small vocal parts is it acceptable to eat before playing a show... I usually have a tradition of getting a ****load of taco bell before i go on.

I listened to you on myspace. Your band is awesome, but I beleive its time to drop the tradition
AmpleSteak, there any other way than myspace to hear your guys music? It sounds really ****en good but my comp hates myspace (only lets me hear first 20ish seconds.)
a good thing is hot tea... helps so you dont ruin your voice.

I think, someone correct me if im wrong
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
a good thing is hot tea... helps so you dont ruin your voice.

I think, someone correct me if im wrong

You are correct.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
You are correct.

Woohoo

ive also found Lemonade is horrible to drink before singing
Quote by Guitarfreak777
AmpleSteak, there any other way than myspace to hear your guys music? It sounds really ****en good but my comp hates myspace (only lets me hear first 20ish seconds.)

Thanks! Well you could buy them if your interested here:
http://freighttraintrax.com/product_info.php?products_id=41
or rip them off our myspace w/e were making like 10 cents off each song sold so were never gonna see a check anyways but yeah those songs blow and our new songs should be coming out in a few weeks.
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

My Band:
About the tea.... avoid very hot and very cold liquids. Both extremes encourage mucus in your throat.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by AmpleSteak
Thanks! Well you could buy them if your interested here:
http://freighttraintrax.com/product_info.php?products_id=41
or rip them off our myspace w/e were making like 10 cents off each song sold so were never gonna see a check anyways but yeah those songs blow and our new songs should be coming out in a few weeks.

What about them blow?

I listed to em on my friends comp and the guitar riffs had me playing air guitar, they were rockin. The vocals I wasn't to big on, but they weren't horrible.

Be sure to msg me when that comes out, im gonna add ya on myspace. I'd def buy your guys CD if ya came out with one.
Milk products make it really hard to sing or growl. It's almost like your vocal chords are being kept from vibrating (of course thats not what it is, or there wouldn't be sound, but that's what it feels like ).
Quote by Guitarfreak777
What about them blow?

I listed to em on my friends comp and the guitar riffs had me playing air guitar, they were rockin. The vocals I wasn't to big on, but they weren't horrible.

Be sure to msg me when that comes out, im gonna add ya on myspace. I'd def buy your guys CD if ya came out with one.
Well thank you dude! Well I think they blow cause the production isn't the best and there not really our style anymore were more progressive now. Pretty much our whole fanbase consists of our guitarist being pretty famous on youtube check it out if you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFAF3fm0j8
Quote by Nutter_101

My Band:
Quote by AmpleSteak
Well thank you dude! Well I think they blow cause the production isn't the best and there not really our style anymore were more progressive now. Pretty much our whole fanbase consists of our guitarist being pretty famous on youtube check it out if you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFAF3fm0j8

Dang, how old is he?

What do you play? Guitar?
Oh, I've seen his cover of Ants in the Sky before. Good stuff.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Like any energetic exercise, your performance on stage is gonna be affected if you pig out just before going on stage, but I've found that a single piece of fruit, especialy a banana, eaten about half an hour before going on stage definately helps with the energy levels but doesn't interfere with the performance in any other way.
Bread products tend to dry out your throat and dairy products make your throat claggy but other than that, I've never had any problems with snacking just before going on stage.

On stage, I drink room temperature water between and even during songs to keep my throat wet.

And I know I shouldn't do it but I also get through a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale per set, or two if it's a long set (more than 45 minutes), or three if I'm in a good mood!
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 30, 2008,
All I drink is water (a bottle straight from the 24-pack, not chilled, or anything). Then I end up pissing a LOT before going on.
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Then I end up pissing a LOT before going on.

Dang, I hate that!!

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

unless you're going for a clasically trained style, it's all subjective. Most of us are uncomfortable singing if we've been drinking milk, something like that, but honestly do whatever feels best for you and gets your voice where you want it to be.

Personally a carbonated beverage, especially if it's a fountain drink.... especially if it's a diet coke from burger king, helps my voice a lot. If I drink one of those I get an extra edge to my voice that really helps me cut through and sound less like an airey choire singer.

Of course you can imagine that a burp problem can arise if you aren't careful when drinking carbonated beverages and controlling your breathing to sing. Takes some practice to control, I don't care what your genre is, no one wants to hear you burp on stage.
Quote by axemanchris
Dang, I hate that!!

CT

I think it's a good thing. Nice and relaxing, calms the nerves, gives you time to regroup...
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Do listen to anyone in this thread, what you have to do is drink a lot of dairy products and soda, then eat a lot of spicy food.

<<.<<

>>.>>
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Smoke a menthol cigarette before you sing, I know it sounds girly but it works wonders.
Quote by The_Sophist
Smoke a menthol cigarette before you sing, I know it sounds girly but it works wonders.

Non smokers, suck a mint instead.
thanks for the replys guys.
this info is going the be really usefull hehe
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
yeah cheers guys this has really helped
but what about singers in signed bands all drinking and everything on stage? whats the deal with that
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Ever notice that the average life of a pop/rock star is less than five years? Lots of reasons for that. Health is one of them.

CT

Quote by The_Sophist

Isn't smoking one of the worst things for your voice?
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
wait so whats the worst things to do before singing
cause im planning on playing a joke on my friend XD
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I've heard eating spaghetti before singing is pretty bad.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
Quote by theocao
wait so whats the worst things to do before singing

Yelling and screaming at the top of your lungs....

CT