I was thinking of getting an F30 as my primary amp, and I found out that it had a speaker mute and headphone out, so my question is, how does it actually sound when you use headphones? I want to be able to practice at bedroom volumes, or lower, a lot, and I don't mind using headphones necessarily, but if its not going to sound good I might as well buy a micro cube and then buy a better amp later.
imo, it's better to use an f-30 for practice and jams even if the headphone out sounds bad than be stuck with micro cube all the time.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Amazing amp but sound quality really cant be better than something hybrid soundingish because of the speakers used in headphones etc. Definately an amazing amp so if your gunna be jamming with it atleast or gigging go for it. I love my express!
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I'll bet if you got some of those gigantic skullcandy headphones, it would sound pretty stellar. I say get the Mesa.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'll bet if you got some of those gigantic skullcandy headphones, it would sound pretty stellar. I say get the Mesa.

skullcandy's don't have the reliability, and I can back that up from experience...

Go with the Denon AH-D5000
http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufacturer/denon/denon-ah-d5000.php

I wish...

I'd actually go with senheiser hd280's, i own a pair, great great great headphones
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Say Ocean
You're making your decision based off what will sound good through headphones? Forget headphones man, that amp is solid for that price range and application.

Not exactly, its just that at the moment I need both a practice amp and a primary amp, I since the F30 has headphones I thought that maybe it could do both, but I wouldn't wanna shell out a whole lot for it and then end up buying something smaller cuz I'm not getting a good sound when I practice. I know its a good loud amp, but idk if it will work as a small amp.
Quote by danyellenik
skullcandy's don't have the reliability, and I can back that up from experience...

Go with the Denon AH-D5000
http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufacturer/denon/denon-ah-d5000.php

I wish...

I'd actually go with senheiser hd280's, i own a pair, great great great headphones

You're saying that better headphones will have a noticeable difference in quality...I didn't consider that. I'm also thinking attenuation. Not major attenuation, just enough to quiet it down and get a little master volume on it. I've heard good things about webers and Dr. Z, and then there's the ultimate attenuator, and I was wondering if ebay was a reliable place to purchase these things, and if it was a good idea in general. The only one I'd consider buying new is the weber (cuz its 1/3 the price of the others or better).
F-30 is a bad ass amp. Its not a 100 watt monster (not that there's anything wrong with that), you can be heard over a drummer, good recording amp, headphone jack...... and its a Mesa! I tried to get my hands on one of these and I missed out several times.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Go for the F30! You won't regret it.

If you are considering the Ultimate Attenuator, I'd recommend buying it directly from Ho, the inventor/manufacturer, in Vancouver. The guy selling UAs buys the parts from Ho, re-brands them, and hikes the price significantly. Google Ho's Electronics & take it from there. I went to his shop a few weeks ago and was very impressed -- he's very good about taking time to talk to potential buyers about his technology, and how to tweak the gear for user needs.