hey guys, I have an Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul, no modding done to it or anything, and I was wondering if I could put a nut extension and some 13's on it with out the neck or ANYTHING breaking
i dont know if the nut extension will help, but putting 13s on a guitar set up for 10s will cause the neck to bow more than it is now.

so you'll probably need a setup afterwards.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i was just gonna buy an xavier or sx to have that setup...Should I do that??
you can. depends on the guitar, your budget and if you plan on going back and forth between gauges.

i mean if you want to play 13s then put them on ur main guitar.

if it's a sometime thing and you love ur LP then think about a second guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

no, I am buying a extra guitar to play slide on, I have a strat which is my main, and a lp that I never play, so i thought I could use that, but I think buying a guitar setup or modded for slide, would be better
well 13s arent going to break your neck.

and the extension and high action should help you wt playing slide on that guitar.

i just wasnt sure why you weren't going to just set up for 13s.

if i didnt use the LP and wanted to find a use for it, then this seems like the way to go.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

you swap one string at a time.

then measure the neck angle, and adjust the truss rod.

guitars almost always come with 9's or 10's. so they are get set up to go higher anyway, unless you planned on buying a lap guitar or similar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

you got a link?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

the guiTar fetish ones are supposed to be pretty good, and not a bad deal, but if you don't play the LP and you'll need to set up the tele for 13s anyway, i suggest you only get the new guitar cause you're gassing for it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well i'm not going to force you to spend your money, but ahhhh, i kind of like the little 600 series, semi hollow teles they have for as cheap as $160.

again, i see you've got another guitar you're already not using. so, i hope you've got a nice amp, and not just a closet of guitars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah, i'm the wrong one to ask. i'll always say BUY!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62