I didn't know if this was appropriate for the S+L forum.

I'm writing a piece of fanfiction for LOST, but what I've done is good enough that I'm planning on revamping it as my own original script, using the original stuff I have written. It's about the show, but it's from my own viewpoint, as if I was a survivor, and all the incidents are original and written by me.

LOST Fanfiction - "My Journal from the Island"

Even if you don't know the show, I think the characters are defined enough that that shouldn't be a problem.

If one person were to enjoy this, I would be happy

Any takers? (Plz no flaming )
give up on writing
no jk
from reading the first couple chapters
it's actually written pretty well
nice job

however i've never seen lost so from the standpoint i have no clue
the only advice i would give is that it reads just a little too choppy, like i know you're trying to get the point of him being frantic across... but it's just a bit too choppy
Last edited by gnrliesmanlies at Aug 28, 2008,
That's cool man, thanks for looking

It's meant to be in the form of a journal, so on the site that I write these on, the first "chapter" is one night's journal entry, the next would be another night's, maybe 2 nights later etc. I put it together like it is so I could send it to my friend to read, and I thought maybe I could get some feedback online too. Don't look at it as a book, or a flowing tale, but as separate journal entries
Last edited by Fivebretz at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by Fivebretz
That's cool man, thanks for looking

It's meant to be in the form of a journal, so on the site that I write these on, the first "chapter" is one night's journal entry, the next would be another night's, maybe 2 nights later etc. I put it together like it is so I could send it to my friend to read, and I thought maybe I could get some feedback online too. Don't look at it as a book, or a flowing tale, but as separate journal entries

yea it's cool
it's definitely a different way of looking at things rather than having an all knowing narrator
Writing is well done. However, I feel like lost ran it's course after the middle of the second season so I'm not really a fan of it anymore.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
Thanks man, and that's exactly where I am in my timeline as far as I've written - Middle of S2.

And of course I disagree

And it's not really a fanfic in the traditional sense - It comes from a site that I am a member of. The whole premise is to "keep a journal" as if you had been on the plane and crashed there with the rest of the characters. To do that without including myself in the story would have been hard
The S&L forum is not just for poems and songs, you can post your writings, journals, stories, essays and basically anything you come up with in words over there...

So this really does belong in the S&L forum.
Couple of grammar errors (noticed an it's that should be an its) you should look at after glancing through the first few chapters, but that doesn't bother me as much as your style.

Your style isn't horrid, but it's kind of sparse. Work on fleshing out details more. I don't really feel like I'm inside the character's mind as much as I am just looking at what he's doing. Fixing that only comes with practice, so write a lot, read even more, and try to get a feel for what makes a great author great: the details.