I am replacing the pickups on my epiphone les paul custom. I ordered a duncan custom for the bridge and a '59 model for the neck. They made a mistake and accidentally sent me a '59 bridge pickup instead. I am still trying to decide if i should send it back or just install it. Would make a noticeable difference if I installed the '59 bridge in the neck?
send it back if you dont want it. it's free. are you that impatient? just do it and maybe ask for a discount for all of the trouble you're in now. they have to sound different. theyre totally different pickups.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
the '59 doesn't come as a bridge pup, if you mean that they sent 2 '59's then call them up and replace them
Quote by Ghold125
the '59 doesn't come as a bridge pup, if you mean that they sent 2 '59's then call them up and replace them

Yes it does, I've got one in my bridge right now.
Quote by noobguy
Yes it does, I've got one in my bridge right now.

O.o, woops might have confused it with the jazz, or does that come in the bridge also
jazz comes in bridge also.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
they wouldn't come in seperate bridge and neck positions if they were exactly the same, I would assume..

the bridge position of any pickup is generally higher output. afaik, it's because of the reduced movement of the strings above the bridge pup as opposed to how much the strings move above the neck position.

So to answer your question:
you can go ahead if you don't mind having a bit higher output from the neck position, or send it back and see what kind of discount you can get off of them.
The JB only comes as a bridge pickup, that's probably what's confusing you.