I sold an SG Classic with P-90s and shipped it out of state. The guy I sold it to is having a problem with the bridge pickup. He said a screw was backing out when he plays it (vibrations). We're thinking it secures the cover. I'm not sure how P-90s mount (all i know are humbuckers). I never played the guitar through an amp. It was my sons guitar and took care off selling it for him.

I want to help the buyer out. I'm just going off memory and brief exchanges.

Can someone please explain this screws purpose Also, how and what it secures

Thanks much,
If it is a soapbar style P90, then there are two screw that hold the pickup in the guitar. They actually go into the wood

It would be the two empty holes in this picture. Any other screw is a pole piece. If it is loose, one quick fix is to take the pickup out, put a toothpick in the loose screw hole, and then put it back in. The screws go straight into the guitar body.
Quote by end_citizen
If it is a soapbar style P90, then there are two screw that hold the pickup in the guitar. They actually go into the wood

It would be the two empty holes in this picture. Any other screw is a pole piece. If it is loose, one quick fix is to take the pickup out, put a toothpick in the loose screw hole, and then put it back in. The screws go straight into the guitar body.

Awesome.
Thanks.

Do they also do the height?
Last edited by 667 at Aug 28, 2008,
Well, that is the flaw in soapbars. There is not much height adjustment (really doesn't bother me). One thing people do is stick some foam behind the pickup and use long-ish screws. Then tighten them down to where they want them to be.
Quote by end_citizen
Well, that is the flaw in soapbars. There is not much height adjustment (really doesn't bothe=r me). One thing people do is stick some foam behind the pickup and use long-ish screws. Then tighten them down to where they want them to be.

Before I shipped it I noticed one pup was way low. It had side screws like humbuckers. One side was out. I had to wrestle with it to get both in at the same time. The pickup was definitely floating.

I cant remember which one. I think it was the neck pup.
Last edited by 667 at Aug 29, 2008,
So it has dogears then but still mount the same way. They should have something underem for tension so the pickup doesnt flop around.