I have a Fender Standard HSS (mexican made) and I know they aren't of the highest quality,but how far off are they from the American made guitars? I love it personally,and I want to be able to play it for years and years..But Im wondering how long it will actually last.

I want to change the pickups,but Im afraid that maybe when I take the guitar to get it done,it might mess some of the hardware up(unscrewing and screwing back on).Iv taken the bridge off of it before just experimenting and looking at stuff,and ever since then the screws wont tighten up all the way..They just keep going and going and going.I need some help.I like the mexican made standards,because they are really affordable,and Im not a good money saver.Anyone have advice?
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
take it into a shop that is reputable and knows what they are doing. I took mine into a good guy to get a pickup replaced and it's 100% good. I have a MIM Strat too by the way.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Mex strats are made to be taken apart.

i've been messing wt mine for over 13 years now.

use the correct screwdrivers, dont strip the screws and learn as you go. there;s nothing on a strat that can't be replaced. usually, cheaply too.

if a screw hole is stripped, a little wood epoxy in the hole and a redrill is a simple fix.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well,what Im mainly worried about is the wood.Id hate to mess screws up or whatever,then have to drill new holes and mess the body up,etc.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
does anyone know if you can just buy the humbuckers that come in MIA strats? I want it for my MIM
you mean in the standards?
i'm sure you can get them used all over.

personally, i like the SCN pickups found in the MIA deluxe.

*edit: oh man, you want a strat humbucker?? why, would you want one of those?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 28, 2008,
why would you buy a strat humbucker? they are good but you could just upgrade to a seymor duncan or dimarzio or whatever you want