anyone know of a site that has jpgs of fender/gibson/whatever neck shapes at 1st, 12th fret etc..? im talkinga bout profiles and stuff, not headstocks... you cut it out and shape your neck too it.
This is exactly what I need too... Was gonna make a thread myself. Would be enormously helpful.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
F**k Gibson and Fender! just carve it until it feels right. I dont use templates at all. My necks arent symetrical and the shape changes as you go up the neck. If you think about it the shape of your hand changes the further you go up the neck so I carve mine to allow for that. I usually have it as an off set D thats slightly fatter on the treble side. Its much more comfortable IMHO.
The Ibanez U.K site has measurements for their neck profiles.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I just cut until it feels right too. I don't like V shape necks they cramp my thumb. I have a slight v shape on my ovation and I think I'm gonna modify it one of these days.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
i'd just shape it to my preferences. actually you can use templates as guidelines and modify from there.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack