I am completely new to using Ebay, and I would like to try and sell my Laney head. I'm looking to get around $800 for it, but shipping on it could be anywhere from $30 to $80 depending where in the country I'm selling it.

How do I set a Reserve, to make sure I get at least a certain amount, and dont end up letting it go super cheap?

Also, how can I make the shipping price variable? It seems once you set the shipping price, its locked, so you cant change it to be cheaper or more expensive depending on location.

Any additional advice on what to put for the listing would also be appreciated.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
if your in the US and ship it within the US the shipping will be the same were ever you send it.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Bring it to the Guitar Gear& Accessories Forum.

its not really a question about the amp though, its a general discussion question about Ebay, so i figure general discussion pit would be better

Quote by kornnolis
if your in the US and ship it within the US the shipping will be the same were ever you send it.

Well, i used the Ebay Shipping Calculator and for UPS Ground, it gives different rates for different cites. $71.50 from me to Seattle, WA and $42.37 from me to Boston, MA. Various rates for various cities.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Last edited by Ackj at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by Ackj
its not really a question about the amp though, its a general discussion question about Ebay, so i figure general discussion pit would be better

Then bring it to the Off-topic thread.

Edit: I'm sorry, I'lll stop being a jack*ss.
About the shipping, you can ask the bidders to pm you about where they are so you can give them a quote about shipping price.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15