I've got a guitar that no one knows where it came from.

It currently came with these,

and I was wondering if I could change them to these.

I understand you can't really exactly tell if it's possible or not because there are so many variables that go into this question, but i'm just wondering if a generic telecaster, or even any guitar can have it's saddles completely switched.
You'll need to get a whole new bridge that has six intonation holes. Not a very hard mod, you can get the parts at Stewmac.com, or if your broke you could go Guitarfetish.com but I would recommend going with Stewmac parts.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
yeah man no problem, what kind of tele is it anyway? some knockoff? BTW I just noticed your name let's be friends =)

PS You might need to drill new holes on the body to fit the new bridge depending on your tele knockoff
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
haha yeah.
you seem pretty cool lol
uh
its a fender telecaster
but i've been searching and i think it might be one of those like
fender starter kits or something.
it sucks but it looks nice lol
Is it a squier? Do the strings run through the body or do the strings load at the bridge? This is very important in choosing a replacement bridge.
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
those brass saddles are generally more desired than the 6 saddle bridge. they retain more of the tele's twang.

what model tele is it? pics?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
It is not a squier and they go through the bridge not throught the body. and to UnsignedRecords which ones did were you talking about giving it its twang? the top ones?
I have no idea what kinda tele this is. I didn't buy it from a store, i didn't even buy it from a friend lol I just got it handed to me
Well, does it have a brand? Any indications of brand at all?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ok, can you give us an estimate on how old it is? Or do you have any pics?

Anyways, if you ask me, you should just leave the stock saddles in, unless they have problems with them.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by rudiecantfail92
It is not a squier and they go through the bridge not throught the body. and to UnsignedRecords which ones did were you talking about giving it its twang? the top ones?
I have no idea what kinda tele this is. I didn't buy it from a store, i didn't even buy it from a friend lol I just got it handed to me

the ones that are in there now are "better" or more uh... damn i don't know how to describe it objectively. but when i was shopping for a tele, one of the first things i looked for was that 3 saddle bridge.

why do you want to change it anyway?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Uh, I want to start being handy in guitars, you know, experimenting with pickups and stuff and trying to find a sound I like. Also, the little srews in the saddles I have are messed up and won't move with the allen wrench and some screws are missing lol So i have to buy new saddles anyways
Youd need a new bridge, youd need to drill into the body to get it to fit properly.

Im pretty much after doing the oposite thing youre doing, replacing my 6 saddle bridge with the 3 saddle..
Is there no serial number or indication where it was made?

USA standard tele

Vintage tele headstock/newer deluxe/customs etc

Vintage tele

Check on the back of the headstock and heel of the neck for info
Quote by rudiecantfail92
Uh, I want to start being handy in guitars, you know, experimenting with pickups and stuff and trying to find a sound I like. Also, the little srews in the saddles I have are messed up and won't move with the allen wrench and some screws are missing lol So i have to buy new saddles anyways

well, then replace them with another 3 saddle set. i'm telling you, once you get more familiar with teles and their sound, you're gonna want to stick with the vintage saddles.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.