Ok i feel really dumb asking this but here it is anyway.

I've never completely understood the difference between "dating" and "going out". So what is it? Some girl just told me she'd date me but doesn't want to "go out"

I'm confused.
They're essentially the same. However, usually dating is more involved, and more mature, so I assume the girl you asked either is one crayon short of a matchbox or simply doesn't know the difference.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Dating I think would be going on dates with a girl, you're not exactly tied to her, but...

Going out, is like marriage for kids.

That's the lazy way of explaining it I guess...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by ShaunDiel
wat.

< hah >It's a joke. < /hah >

Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

go home nerd!

really i think the answer to this question depends on who you ask
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

I need to join the W3C and make "hah" an official part of HTML.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I didn't think there was a difference.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
She means she wants to go out on 1 date. She doesnt wanna be your girlfriend.
I don't usually see a difference, but I guess "going out" signifies a steady relationship, whereas "dating" could be seen as just going on dates together without any particular commitment beyond friendship.
Quote by darkstar2466
I need to join the W3C and make "hah" an official part of HTML.

I wrote a source for the HAH command in HTML as a shortcut, I use it to run a website from an external server connected through a network through my computer. Therefore, if I hadn't put the spaces, I would have hosted the phrase "It's a joke" or whatever I said over my network, which would draw many puzzled looks.
Quote by black-sabbath
I didn't think there was a difference.

+1 except that I always think of "going out" as being for kids, and "dating" as being for young adults and up. I don't know why I think of it that way though.
didnt know there was a diffrence iv always said both
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I wrote a source for the HAH command in HTML as a shortcut, I use it to run a website from an external server connected through a network through my computer. Therefore, if I hadn't put the spaces, I would have hosted the phrase "It's a joke" or whatever I said over my network, which would draw many puzzled looks.

All thanks to archaic rules that browsers follow to ignore tags with spaces. I should write code for and compile a "lulz" version of Firefox that has tags like "ghey" and "phail."

But that is just a waste of time.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
All thanks to archaic rules that browsers follow to ignore tags with spaces. I should write code for and compile a "lulz" version of Firefox that has tags like "ghey" and "phail."

But that is just a waste of time.

My friend did that with Google's source code...

He plans on redirecting Google to his page one day, and showing the world the funnier side of amateur HTML coding.
sorry to say this, but maybe she doesnt want to be your girlfriend, but doesnt want to hurt your feelings. or it could be totally different. why dont you ask her wat she means?
Quote by skvvisgaar
You have to paint it specifically alpine white? Damn, they are real colour-nazis in Berlin.
oh wait...

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
But I don't cum blood.
Unless by "cum blood" you mean "have white hair on my balls".
In which case,
yes, I do cum blood.